Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dillard's Amex Upgrade

tag
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Dillard's Amex Upgrade

I have had a Dillard's store account for about five years, currently at a $4.2k limit. I owe $0. I've gotten the BR Visa upgrade and more recently, the Walmart Discover upgrade. I was told by a CSR to app for the Dillard's Amex in-store, so I did, but got denied bc "previous application approved", as stated in the letter I rec'd. Should I try the underwriting number for GECRB? I really want that upgrade, as I'd like to eliminate a substantial amount of store credit in the future. Hmmm
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

Re: Dillard's Amex Upgrade

GE doesn't accept upgrade requests usually, only CLI's are honored you can call the underwriters to see if they make an exception or request another CLI it may push them over the edge to upgrading you. 

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 2 of 7
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

I know they don't accept the requests - lol - it's so frustrating! I don't want to rack up $4,200 in debt at Dillard's; the Amex would be much more useful. Store cards are just becoming useless to me, except the high limits I have. I haven't had any luck with the underwriters like some posters have.. :-/. Oh well, guess I can try again! lol. My BR Visa and Walmart Discover both upgraded when they were both aged 26 months on my CR. 

Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 3 of 7
haiti222
Contributor

I don't think we know the Dillard's upgrade path too well. If anyone has been upgraded, can they share their experience?

I see more low dollar cards ($700-$1500) being initially granted as Amex, but have not heard much about people being uprgraded. With your large CL, you may want to try the underwriter or Dillard's Facebook team. I had a problem where they did not upgrade me to elite, when I had met the $2000 per year spending requirement. The facebook team had me email my spreadsheet of spending, and it was fixed within a day or two by GEMB. I think contacting the facebook team is a good choice for people who have a store card with a $3000 or more CL. 

Message 4 of 7
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@haiti222 wrote:

I don't think we know the Dillard's upgrade path too well. If anyone has been upgraded, can they share their experience?

I see more low dollar cards ($700-$1500) being initially granted as Amex, but have not heard much about people being uprgraded. With your large CL, you may want to try the underwriter or Dillard's Facebook team. I had a problem where they did not upgrade me to elite, when I had met the $2000 per year spending requirement. The facebook team had me email my spreadsheet of spending, and it was fixed within a day or two by GEMB. I think contacting the facebook team is a good choice for people who have a store card with a $3000 or more CL. 

I started out with a $700 CL on my Dillard's Amex, was raised to $4200 after 8 months. I also was upgraded to Elite automatically when I reached the spending threshhold.

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 5 of 7
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Haiti222- would I contact the FB for GECRB?? Or Dillard's??!

I've also heard that you have to be 'elite' status to get the Amex upgrade... Is that true?!

I only spend like $500 annually, but I toss 'em a bone with a little interest as I revolve a balance for a couple months lol!
Message 6 of 7
haiti222
Contributor

Like Dillards on Facebook, then post on their wall, that you have a question about upgrading to the the Amex...They should reply or PM you. I am Elite, but NOT Amex. I love the free shipping and free returns, and since I have another Amex don't really care about that....

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.