Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dillard's CLI -- as per our new cc law, they want to know my income

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dillard's CLI -- as per our new cc law, they want to know my income

Opened my Dillard's card last July.  Their pattern, being GEMB, is available CLI's at four month intervals.  I received a CLI at four months, and went online to press the luv button at 8 months.  Denied ;(.  This is my first CLI denial, so I was interested to see what the reason was.  I was anticipating a "not long enough" message, because I was a few days shy of the official four months.  (I was a few days shy on the first CLI as well - didn't matter).

Got a letter from GE Money Bank in today's mail:

"We are unable to approve your request for a CLI..at this time because we are unable to determine your ability to make the minimum payments on the account as required by federal law."

It noted that "some information used to make this decision was obtained from"... TU.  

I'm supposed to return the bottom portion of the letter, with my annual income written in by hand.  So, no documents.

On the bottom portion, it says WI Residents only:  If you are applying for an individual account, combine your and your spouse's financial information.

Anyone else receiving requests for income info yet?

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Dillard's CLI -- as per our new cc law, they want to know my income

@Anonymous wrote:

Opened my Dillard's card last July.  Their pattern, being GEMB, is available CLI's at four month intervals.  I received a CLI at four months, and went online to press the luv button at 8 months.  Denied ;(.  This is my first CLI denial, so I was interested to see what the reason was.  I was anticipating a "not long enough" message, because I was a few days shy of the official four months.  (I was a few days shy on the first CLI as well - didn't matter).

Got a letter from GE Money Bank in today's mail:

"We are unable to approve your request for a CLI..at this time because we are unable to determine your ability to make the minimum payments on the account as required by federal law."

It noted that "some information used to make this decision was obtained from"... TU.  

I'm supposed to return the bottom portion of the letter, with my annual income written in by hand.  So, no documents.

On the bottom portion, it says WI Residents only:  If you are applying for an individual account, combine your and your spouse's financial information.

Anyone else receiving requests for income info yet?

Hello,

I was just about to posted, Any CLI from dillards recently? I want to as well request for a CLI..

Message 2 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I received a CLI from $350 to $650 on 3/4/10 instantly by clicking the luv button. I assume the income they have on file for me (provided to them at the time of original app) is high enough to meet the new standard.  The CCCs are required to verify that if you max out the card, that you will still be able to make the minimum payment. Now I don't know how they factor that in with your other monthly obligations.
Message 3 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's good to know.

I app'd in store, and I do not remember having to give income.

TU for some reason lists my employer, even though I haven't worked there for a chunk of time.  (I would think that would have updated based on the mortgage app last summer).  I am currently a homemaker, so we'll see how they feel about household income (and we don't live in WI - so who knows).  I'll send the paper back and see how it falls out. 

We have no interest in making this a joint account - no advantage whatsoever to DH.  He has a young enough AAofA as it is.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed.  Again.  Seems to be a ritual with me. 

Message 4 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I received a CLI from $350 to $650 on 3/4/10 instantly by clicking the luv button. I assume the income they have on file for me (provided to them at the time of original app) is high enough to meet the new standard.  The CCCs are required to verify that if you max out the card, that you will still be able to make the minimum payment. Now I don't know how they factor that in with your other monthly obligations.

Hey i just hit the love button and they gave me the samething $650......Smiley Very Happy
Message 5 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dang.  I mean congratulations ladydi!!!!  And then, Dang. 

They must not love me.  Must be something in TU's income estimator.????

I'm going shopping.  The question is, where.  Macy's.  Dillard's.   Hmmm.............

**ruminating** Smiley Wink - that's a cool word - didn't really know it was in my vocabulary

So, what I'm wondering is, will they:

--close my card because they won't work with household income

--refuse the CLI because they won't work with household income

--grant the CLI based on household income

--offer some other surprising response

I opened this card last July with $700 CL, then went to $950 four months later.  My hope was that it would grow for several years at about $250 every four months, which seemed to be their typical pattern.  We'll see.  I guess I figure if I keep typing something will happen!!!!!!  Smiley Very Happy

Message Edited by beamMEup on 03-11-2010 06:27 PM
Message 6 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Dang.  I mean congratulations ladydi!!!!  And then, Dang. 

They must not love me.  Must be something in TU's income estimator.????

I'm going shopping.  The question is, where.  Macy's.  Dillard's.   Hmmm.............

thanks, i was stuck at $300 for 2 1/2 yrs......i wish macy could show me some luv...Smiley Sad
Message 7 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

ladydi wrote: thanks, i was stuck at $300 for 2 1/2 yrs

Then that is one might fine CLI!  Glad you pushed that luv button.

Message 8 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I app'd online and gave my income. I bet that since you app'd in-store and did not provide, they have no idea what your income is and are just trying to comply with the law. I'm sure you will get your CLI. Keep us posted on what happens.
Message 9 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I app'd online and gave my income. I bet that since you app'd in-store and did not provide, they have no idea what your income is and are just trying to comply with the law. I'm sure you will get your CLI. Keep us posted on what happens.

Thanks for the cheerful words.  I'll post back when I learn anything.

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.