Did you mean: 

Dillard's Conversion From Synchrony to Wells Fargo

tag
lownav67
Established Member

Dillard's Conversion From Synchrony to Wells Fargo

Important Changes to Your Account

Dear Dillard's Credit Card Customer,

Your Dillard's Credit Card account currently issued by GE Capital Retail Bank (GECRB) (Note:
GECRB recently changed it's name to Synchrony Bank) is being acquired by Wells Fargo Bank
N.A. on November 7, 2014. As a result, Wells Fargo Bank N.A. will become the owner of your
Dillard's Credit Card account including all balances effective November 7, 2014. The benefits and
terms of your existing Cardholder Agreement will continue to apply.
Soon after the transition, you will receive additional communication from Wells Fargo Bank N.A.
about this change. Please continue to use your Dillard's credit card for purchases throughout the
transfer.

What's happening and when

Paying your Credit Card Balance:
All electronic eBill payments to your existing Dillard's/GECRB credit card account scheduled
through eBill or Customer Service including one-time or recurring/automatic payments (auto-pay)
will be deactivated on November 6, 2014 by 5 pm ET. Any payments scheduled past this time will
not be processed.
For all other payments, for a reasonable period of time after the transfer, any payments received by
GECRB will be forwarded onto Wells Fargo Bank N.A. Please be sure to update your payment
information once you receive instructions from Wells Fargo N.A. to prevent a delay in posting of
your payments.

Account Management:
Online account management (eService) accessed on the dillards.com/creditcard site or mobile site
for your existing Dillard's/GECRB account will not be accessible for a period of time during the
transition beginning November 7, 2014 at 5 pm ET. This includes all account alerts and access to
paperless statements (eBill). Please be sure to retrieve any transaction history or Dillard's/GECRB
account statement copies prior to November 7th. Additional information regarding future online
account management will be provided by Wells Fargo N.A.

Customer Service:
The customer service number listed on the back of your Dillard's credit card or statement will
remain in place for continued support of your credit card account even after the transfer and will be
handled by Wells Fargo N.A.

Questions about your new Dillard's Credit Card
Q: What happens with my existing credit card account?
A:You may continue using your existing credit card account after the transfer.
Q: Will my credit card account terms, rates and/or fees change?
A: The terms of your Cardholder Agreement will continue to apply after the transfer.
Q: What will happen with the Dillard's Credit Card Rewards Program?
A: Current rewards earned will be transferred to Wells Fargo Bank N.A. and the Rewards Program
will continue after the transfer
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
kromerok
Established Member

Re: Dillard's Conversion From Synchrony to Wells Fargo

I dont see this anywhere on the site. Where did you see this?

Message 2 of 8
lownav67
Established Member

It was included in my most recent credit card statement.

Message 3 of 8
corymcd88
Valued Contributor

Good to know I have a Dillards account. Thanks.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Will we be able to keep using the same card?

We have the Dillards Amex and recently got a nice CLI.

Message 5 of 8
tryingagain62
Contributor

Also curious to see how this falls out. I have a Dillard's Amex and I burned Wells 5 or 6 years ago. Guess I'll have to ride it out.

Message 6 of 8
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@tryingagain62 wrote:

Also curious to see how this falls out. I have a Dillard's Amex and I burned Wells 5 or 6 years ago. Guess I'll have to ride it out.

The conversion should not impact your prior relationship with WF.  They are simply acquiring the CC portfolio.

Message 7 of 8
corymcd88
Valued Contributor

Any other banks taking over SYNC accounts?

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.