Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dillards AMEX application gone awry

tag
spiritcraft1
Valued Contributor

Dillards AMEX application gone awry

I applied for the Dillards AMEX on Saturday... thinking that an AMEX brand would be good to use at Costco and since Dillards has some brands that my DW likes...

I got the 7-10... I called in last night, spoke with two analysts, was asked nexus questions and was finally approved.... for a $200 store card... I was a bit shocked... My reply was "oooo k" to which she replied, thank you and congrats and was off the line... not leaving me a chance to decline their offer.

My Stats: EQ FICO 729, Clean, Avg CL $4K, 1% Utl, 2 INQ's.... I can not really use a $200 store card and don't want that limit to bring down my avg. This morning I checked CCT and they pulled a second hard last night on EQ... 2 hards for a $200 CL....

I am going to call and decline card today... it will likely still report though huh? I guess I will forget any GEMB product and either close my Lowes and Sams ( my next lowest limits) or watch them like a hawk.

Biz |
Current F08 -
Current 2,4,5 -
Current F09 -
No PG Biz Credit in Order of Approval - Uline, Quill, Grainger, SupplyWorks, MSC, Amsterdam, Citi Tractor Supply Rev .8k, NewEgg Net 30 10k, Richelieu 2k, Wurth Supply 2k, Global Ind 2k, Sam's Club Store 11.k, Shell Fleet 19.5k, Citi Exxon 2.5k, Dell Biz Revolving $15k, B&H Photo, $5k

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

Re: Dillards AMEX application gone awry

Unfortunately, I believe that is all they need in order to be able to report a new account. I've been burned from that twice.
Here we go again...
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Dillards AMEX application gone awry

You will need to call back and get a credit analyst, you're speaking to 1st tier  cust serv reps that can make decisions, but need to request an analyst. They will pull your credit and go over your credit with you  in order to accurately assign you a line comparative to your file.  You sure they were Analyst? With a 729 fico it should've been any question..   Oh also Their cards report  Immegiately!!! On credit report before you get your cards!!!!
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.