cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dillards American Express

Valued Contributor

Dillards American Express

Does anyone have this card?

I read that you have to spend $2K a calander year to qualify for a Dillard's Elite AX CC.

Does anyone here have a Dillard's Elite AX CC?

If so, what is your CL and APR?

I am curious to know if the $2K apply to Dillards store only or $2K total through the card in general?

 

Thanks in advance !!

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES
Valued Member

Re: Dillards American Express

What's the appeal of this card?

Message 2 of 20
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Dillards American Express

 


tntexans72 wrote:

Does anyone have this card?

I read that you have to spend $2K a calander year to qualify for a Dillard's Elite AX CC.

Does anyone here have a Dillard's Elite AX CC?

If so, what is your CL and APR?

I am curious to know if the $2K apply to Dillards store only or $2K total through the card in general?

 

Thanks in advance !!


I don't have the Elite (yet), but I understand that it's $2K through the card in general. Smiley Happy

 


Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 3 of 20
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Dillards American Express

 


editcredit wrote:

What's the appeal of this card?


Store discounts if you shop at Dillard's a lot. Plus, a less temperamental variety of Amex, LOL!!! Smiley Wink

 


Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 4 of 20
Epic Contributor

Re: Dillards American Express

It's 2k through STORE purchases to get upgraded.

I have a $2500 CL and a 20.24% I believe

and I have had Elite since month one of having the card and my CL has only grown 2 from 2k starting.

Not happy with GE

Message 5 of 20
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Dillards American Express

 


Creditaddict wrote:

It's 2k through STORE purchases to get upgraded.

I have a $2500 CL and a 20.24% I believe

and I have had Elite since month one of having the card and my CL has only grown 2 from 2k starting.

Not happy with GE


 

Their website says "Annual Card Purchases," not "Annual Store Purchases"...

 

http://www.dillards.com/html/ebpp/new_cserv_splash.shtml?splashlink=GE_LearnMore_110310

 

And according to their FAQ:

 

Q. How do I reach Elite Member status? What are the benefits of being an Elite Cardmember?

A. Shop your way to Elite status by spending $2,000 (net purchases) in a calendar year on your Dillard's Credit Card or Dillard's American Express Card. To maintain Elite status, you must spend $2,000 in net purchases each calendar year.

 

http://www.dillards.com/faq/FaqStartServlet#9

 

 

This leads me to believe that it's total spending on the card. ???


Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 6 of 20
Epic Contributor

Re: Dillards American Express

 


tinuviel wrote:

 


Creditaddict wrote:

It's 2k through STORE purchases to get upgraded.

I have a $2500 CL and a 20.24% I believe

and I have had Elite since month one of having the card and my CL has only grown 2 from 2k starting.

Not happy with GE


 

Their website says "Annual Card Purchases," not "Annual Store Purchases"...

 

http://www.dillards.com/html/ebpp/new_cserv_splash.shtml?splashlink=GE_LearnMore_110310

 

And according to their FAQ:

 

Q. How do I reach Elite Member status? What are the benefits of being an Elite Cardmember?

A. Shop your way to Elite status by spending $2,000 (net purchases) in a calendar year on your Dillard's Credit Card or Dillard's American Express Card. To maintain Elite status, you must spend $2,000 in net purchases each calendar year.

 

http://www.dillards.com/faq/FaqStartServlet#9

 

 

This leads me to believe that it's total spending on the card. ???


Sounds like I stand corrected, I guess I just assumed because I never used the card outside the store.

 

Message 7 of 20
Valued Contributor

Re: Dillards American Express


Creditaddict wrote:

It's 2k through STORE purchases to get upgraded.

I have a $2500 CL and a 20.24% I believe

and I have had Elite since month one of having the card and my CL has only grown 2 from 2k starting.

Not happy with GE


My wife and daughter loves shopping here for you and they do spend more than $2k annually at Dillards in general. I think this card will suit them just find as we do have other cards. I don't expect to have a $5k or $10k CL from this card. I'll be happy with $2k-$4k and so will the wife and kids.

 

Thanks for the infor....just what I thought. Store purchases only.

Message 8 of 20
Valued Contributor

Re: Dillards American Express

"annual card purchases" not "annual store purchases"

 

I just sent an email to customer service to confirmed. This is bothering me.

Message 9 of 20
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Dillards American Express

I just got off the phone with customer service, because I wanted to be certain. I was told that it's $2K annual spending based on ALL purchases put through the card -- Dillard's and non-Dillard's alike. Smiley Happy


Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 10 of 20