Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
Epic Contributor

Re: Dillards Amex CLI DECLINED

Got letter today and it looks like they pulled credit. WTF, since when does GE hard pull for CLI. I hate them, if I didn't need open CL, I would close all my GE cards
Fico Scores 8: EX 694. TU 689. EQ 658. 05/26/2015
Epic Contributor

OMG GE, got letter today saying sorry we declined your CLI last month, that was an error, we have increased your CL to $2500, REALLY a $100! I got some words for you GE but I will keep them to myself!!!
Senior Contributor

Creditaddict wrote:
OMG GE, got letter today saying sorry we declined your CLI last month, that was an error, we have increased your CL to $2500, REALLY a $100! I got some words for you GE but I will keep them to myself!!!

Did I get this right? A hard pull for a $100 CLI? Frankly I would rather be turned down. Were it me I would be calling them for a recon and choking back my desire to give them a piece of my mind!
Epic Contributor

oh right, thanks for reminding me about the hard inq... but actually come to think of it, I didn't receive any hards on my credit, but the account is a joint, wonder if that's like Macy's system that sometimes sends letters that look like hard pulls, but they are soft.  So either they just hit primary credit or it was just a soft like it's suppose to be.  Either way $100 is just stupid especially if you look at my account history, I have never carried a balance on it
Senior Contributor

No hard INQ would spare them the piece of my mind. However, I'd still be calling!
Epic Contributor

really I like to call GE as little as possible, the employees seem to have no control over computer decisions, so it just gets me mad at an employee that can't do anything so it's just better if I don't call so I don't ruin someones day
Senior Contributor

Creditaddict wrote:
really I like to call GE as little as possible, the employees seem to have no control over computer decisions, so it just gets me mad at an employee that can't do anything so it's just better if I don't call so I don't ruin someones day

Like your own? Just another reason why I avoid GEMB like the plague!

If you don't call be sure to try again in six months!

Highlighted
Super Contributor

Creditaddict wrote:

that's what they get paid for. When I worked part-time as a CSR for an energy company, I got the worse side of people every day.  I had to listen to people beg, cry and use profanity against me.  There were many times I had to hold my breath to keep from laughing.

So in other words, I doubt you wold ruin someone's day.  They more than likely use to it.  

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.