Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dillards Store card closed

tag
12njoy
Super Contributor

Dillards Store card closed

For CAPTOOL, I closed my Dillards store card so that's $2,500 less.  I'm still above the 600k mark though.  No more store cards.  I'm free of them.Smiley Wink

(Formerly known as: Credit is my hobby/TCL objective)
___________ 12Njoy
FICO - EX 810; EQ 797; TU 804 I'm climbing back to 800+
Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28
alkaline
Regular Contributor

Re: Dillards Store card closed

Wow, what's your income if you don't mind me asking? Smiley Surprised

Message 2 of 29
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

I was down to the Lowes card only and then I finally succumbed to the fun at Barneys and my son talked me into a GameStop when the preapproval popped up in the store.

ill get back down to zero with you. Yes I will

NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 3 of 29
12njoy
Super Contributor

@alkaline wrote:

Wow, what's your income if you don't mind me asking? Smiley Surprised

___________ 12Njoy
Message 4 of 29
12njoy
Super Contributor

@woodyman100 wrote:

I was down to the Lowes card only and then I finally succumbed to the fun at Barneys and my son talked me into a GameStop when the preapproval popped up in the store.

ill get back down to zero with you. Yes I will

I was actually going to try and get the Amex version but it wouldn't take my application so we'll leave it alone and call it a day. 

___________ 12Njoy
Message 5 of 29
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

I think that I could go "store card free" in 8 yrs, once my BK if off my reports, and my scores and swagger are back, then I could get pretty much anything I wanted, and Id replace the store cards with majors. Leading up to that point though, I think I come come as close as having 5-10 store cards with letting go of the others. Smiley Wink
Message 6 of 29
12njoy
Super Contributor

@pizza1 wrote:
I think that I could go "store card free" in 8 yrs, once my BK if off my reports, and my scores and swagger are back, then I could get pretty much anything I wanted, and Id replace the store cards with majors. Leading up to that point though, I think I come come as close as having 5-10 store cards with letting go of the others. Smiley Wink

Pizza, you're doing great.  I'm not knocking store cards at all.  I just have like 49 cards and it's hard to rotate them so that each sees some use.  With store cards I then would have to go to that store to use it and I just don't have time or feel like doing that.  I guess I could order online but I hate being restricted.  Don't get me wrong, store cards serve a purpose.  My first store card (Firestone) was instrumental in my rebuild back in 2013.

___________ 12Njoy
Message 7 of 29
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

I have nothing against store cards, but only really want the ones that offer a benefit.

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 8 of 29
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@12njoy wrote:

@pizza1 wrote:

Pizza, you're doing great.  I'm not knocking store cards at all.  I just have like 49 cards and it's hard to rotate them so that each sees some use.  With store cards I then would have to go to that store to use it and I just don't have time or feel like doing that.  I guess I could order online but I hate being restricted.  Don't get me wrong, store cards serve a purpose.  My first store card (Firestone) was instrumental in my rebuild back in 2013.

oh heck yea!!  I love my store cards! I will always keep a few of my very favs for many years, and let go of the others.  Store cards are great to rebuild with with, and if you can get those cards limits high enough and away from toy limit hell, thats a plus.  I do plan on closing 10 over the next year and a half, getting myself set up better,letting some accts go, and downsize in prepartion for Penfed and Chase reattempts, LOL...

Message 9 of 29
12njoy
Super Contributor

@pizza1 wrote:

@12njoy wrote:

@pizza1 wrote:

oh heck yea!!  I love my store cards! I will always keep a few of my very favs for many years, and let go of the others.  Store cards are great to rebuild with with, and if you can get those cards limits high enough and away from toy limit hell, thats a plus.  I do plan on closing 10 over the next year and a half, getting myself set up better,letting some accts go, and downsize in prepartion for Penfed and Chase reattempts, LOL...

Before I got my BP Visa, I loved my BP store card.  That was actually one store card that I could have kept if not for the BP Visa

___________ 12Njoy
Message 10 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.