Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dillards Store card closed

tag
Ron1
Super Contributor

Re: Dillards Store card closed

Sorry to hear!! Smiley Sad Store card sucks!

Ron.
Message 21 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!!! When you say NO store cards, are you referring to store-only accounts or are you including store visa/mc/amex?

Message 22 of 29
12njoy
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats!!! When you say NO store cards, are you referring to store-only accounts or are you including store visa/mc/amex?

Only true only store cards.  Not the Visa/MC/Amex/Discover as I have a few of them.  I hate being restricted.

(Formerly known as: Credit is my hobby (1.6M)/TCL objective)
___________ 12Njoy
FICO - EX 810; EQ 797; TU 804 I'm climbing back to 800+
Message 23 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Makes sense....I need to put a spread sheet together to keep with cards and the dates that they report to the cb's... I ended up getting the BBVA too..THANK YOU, now I'm off to the garden for 24 months, no more apps for me, not a bad run...I'm still studying your posts...500k would be a nice...

Message 24 of 29
12njoy
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Makes sense....I need to put a spread sheet together to keep with cards and the dates that they report to the cb's... I ended up getting the BBVA too..THANK YOU, now I'm off to the garden for 24 months, no more apps for me, not a bad run...I'm still studying your posts...500k would be a nice...

Was the BBVA naturally or the result of a complaint?

___________ 12Njoy
Message 25 of 29
12njoy
Super Contributor

@12njoy wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Was the BBVA naturally or the result of a complaint?

The spreadsheet is the only way I can manage my accounts

___________ 12Njoy
Message 26 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

No complaint needed for BBVA, hand written letter to BBVA (address provided on denial letter) since the ONLY reason that they denied it was due to identity issues...

Message 27 of 29
12njoy
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

No complaint needed for BBVA, hand written letter to BBVA (address provided on denial letter) since the ONLY reason that they denied it was due to identity issues...

@Congrats.  Either way works.  I'll take the 20k @Anonymous.24% anyway I can get it.

___________ 12Njoy
Message 28 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@12njoy wrote:

For CAPTOOL, I closed my Dillards store card so that's $2,500 less.  I'm still above the 600k mark though.  No more store cards.  I'm free of them.Smiley Wink

Good call. Getting rid of store cards is a good thing. Smiley Happy

Someone posted a few months ago on here that a store card isn't very helpful if you have a financial emergency, or need to buy a sudden plane ticket across the country. Very true. It's wise to keep cards that have a broader purpose.

Message 29 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.