Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dillards shopping card trick

tag
omaha96
Valued Member

Dillards shopping card trick

Does anyone know if the Dillards shopping cart trick is a hard pull ?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
waters
Regular Contributor

Re: Dillards shopping card trick

If it says you have been pre approved and asks for only the last 4 of your social, I think it's a sp
6/2014; EX:621 EQ:627 TU:640
Cards: Capital One WORLD MC (QS): $7500 | Chase Freedom $3500
Sock: Merrick Bank $600 | Barclaycard $1250 | Sportsman's guide visa $2500

Message 2 of 5
1_2
Contributor

@waters wrote:
If it says you have been pre approved and asks for only the last 4 of your social, I think it's a sp

I'm 90% sure it's a soft pull. I did it recently (last week) and was immediately approved for 1,500.00. I havent recieved any alerts of any hard pulls yet. Its not a very good credit limit but I do shop at Dillards often and will appreciate the exclusive deals card holders are offered.

Does anyone know if they are very good about giving credit limit increases? I really dont need an increase since I pay all my cards in full each month but I like getting them. It makes me feel good, lol.

Closed on home Jan 30, 2013. Yay!

Capital One (secured) $1000.00 | Capital One (former Orchard Bank) $500.00 | First Premier $500.00 | Credit One Bank $750.00 | Wal-Mart $3550.00 | Citi Thank You Preferred $6,800.00 | Discover It $4,800.00 | AMEX BCE $4,500.00
Message 3 of 5
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

HUGE THREAD about the few cards that GE offers that do shopping cart and Dillards being the biggest one and it's a sp for sure.

Message 4 of 5
1_2
Contributor

Just wanted to update that my Dillards account is now reporting on all 3. No hard pull on any of them. This was the first time I had ever used the shopping card trick because I wasnt sure if there was a hard pull or not. I can assure you on Dillards at least, there is not. Yay! I went to the Barclays pre-qualify site and its says I'm pre selected for a Barclays card which I would very much like to have since it pays points when paying utilities and I dont have a card that does that. I think that would be a hard pull though but I am thinking about pulling the trigger any way since I dont have any large purchases coming up in the next few years and my AAoA has already been lowered by the Dillards card.

Closed on home Jan 30, 2013. Yay!

Capital One (secured) $1000.00 | Capital One (former Orchard Bank) $500.00 | First Premier $500.00 | Credit One Bank $750.00 | Wal-Mart $3550.00 | Citi Thank You Preferred $6,800.00 | Discover It $4,800.00 | AMEX BCE $4,500.00
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.