Re: Diner's Club card

@taxi818 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@NRB525 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@NRB525 wrote:

@red259 wrote:

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

Here's my take on it and mind you only some pure speculation on my part ok? I venture a wild guess that since they were so overwhelmed with the massive influx or (flood Smiley Very Happy) if you will, of so many applicants 24/7 and those same ensuing new accounts, that when the decision to halt those operations came down to abruptly end the application process, they might also be measuring those same new accounts for awhile to determine if so far, that introduction was enough of a success for them or not to launch phase 2 or _______________ <-------Fill in the space

I'm not sure how huge the influx was. In this community was huge (but we are only a small group), but the app numbers from society in general I am not sure. Have we seen any numbers on the app total?

Based on the card number for my DC Premier card, given all the leading zeros after the first six-digit card plan number, and the timing of when I apped, I am guessing they had less than 1,000 Premier cards issued.

Yeah my Premier card has the same long sequence of zeros and the last 4 are 43XX, so I am assuming they issued around 5000 cards before they took down application tab. I applied towards the end of the frenzy, 10/31/2014 or so. 

That last digit is a check digit, so it is not relevant for the "number of accounts" estimate, thus my 1,000 +/- esimate.

Cool, I learned something new. Thanks for the information NRB. 

i applied on the same day. 10-31 last four 55xx. so not sure about all this. but in any case. it is a good card. happy to be in family of diners. the best frenzy ive been in on in myfico. Smiley Very Happy

I app'd on 10/31 also and my last four begins with 75XX

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 41 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

All I know is that the Elite was never justifiable for me and chip and PIN + points transfer to hotels/airlines made the Premier card barely justifiable. The high CL and hidden TL were nice surprises. Cat Happy

Message 42 of 46
taxi818
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

All I know is that the Elite was never justifiable for me and chip and PIN + points transfer to hotels/airlines made the Premier card barely justifiable. The high CL and hidden TL were nice surprises. Cat Happy

So it looks like we are all starting to agree that it is hidden. Hmm. Hope it stays hidden. 

Message 43 of 46
manyquestions
Established Contributor

@NRB525 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@NRB525 wrote:

@red259 wrote:

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

Here's my take on it and mind you only some pure speculation on my part ok? I venture a wild guess that since they were so overwhelmed with the massive influx or (flood Smiley Very Happy) if you will, of so many applicants 24/7 and those same ensuing new accounts, that when the decision to halt those operations came down to abruptly end the application process, they might also be measuring those same new accounts for awhile to determine if so far, that introduction was enough of a success for them or not to launch phase 2 or _______________ <-------Fill in the space

I'm not sure how huge the influx was. In this community was huge (but we are only a small group), but the app numbers from society in general I am not sure. Have we seen any numbers on the app total?

Based on the card number for my DC Premier card, given all the leading zeros after the first six-digit card plan number, and the timing of when I apped, I am guessing they had less than 1,000 Premier cards issued.

Yeah my Premier card has the same long sequence of zeros and the last 4 are 43XX, so I am assuming they issued around 5000 cards before they took down application tab. I applied towards the end of the frenzy, 10/31/2014 or so. 

That last digit is a check digit, so it is not relevant for the "number of accounts" estimate, thus my 1,000 +/- esimate.

I feel special now. Be even cooler if I had card number 1. 

Message 44 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

Used my Premier card to pay for lunch today and was able to confirm that the card's still working. I forgot that Rubios supports tap to pay now though; that would have been nice to see work. Maybe next time.

Message 45 of 46
NRB525
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Used my Premier card to pay for lunch today and was able to confirm that the card's still working. I forgot that Rubios supports tap to pay now though; that would have been nice to see work. Maybe next time.

It is indeed very cool. Since it doesn't work with Apple Pay, the PayPass is the next best thing.

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 46 of 46
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.