Did you mean: 

Diners Club 1 year later.

tag
atd1970
Regular Contributor

Re: Diners Club 1 year later.

Probably not.

CSR tend to expand the truth LOL.

However, as an "emergency' card", or if you travel beyond North America. This is a great addition, and a keeper.

Message 11 of 28
taxi818
Super Contributor

@atd1970 wrote:

Probably not.

However, as an "emergency' card", or if you travel beyond North America. This is a great addition, and a keeper.

+1 agreed. since Diners Csr's were masters of deception. Take anything they say with a grain of salt.

Message 12 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@taxi818 wrote:

@atd1970 wrote:

Probably not.

+1 agreed. since Diners Csr's were masters of deception. Take anything they say with a grain of salt.

Exactly.  We must have had 50 different answers from CSRs last year about when applications would reopen.  None of them had a clue.

Message 13 of 28
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

I just paid my $95 AF and couldn't take care of it fast enough. I love the hidden TL....even if the lack of growth in the CL frustrates the crap out of me

NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 14 of 28
taxi818
Super Contributor

@woodyman100 wrote:

I just paid my $95 AF and couldn't take care of it fast enough. I love the hidden TL....even if the lack of growth in the CL frustrates the crap out of me

Wow you got hit with the new AF already? I guess since today is my 1 year anniversary. My statement will be on the 11th of November. i should be looking out for the new AF. ok.  nice info.

Message 15 of 28
baller4life
Super Contributor

I got hit with af too. Been planning to ditch it. But I've decided to keep it around awhile longer. Smiley Wink
Message 16 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@taxi818 wrote:

@atd1970 wrote:

Probably not.

Sounds like dishonesty on their part would be a very good reason to ditch them. That said, I haven't had any problems with my card.

Message 17 of 28
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

I paid my AF with the September payment and I've run maybe $10,000 to $12,000 through the card over the last year. No issues, no problems and I don't really care about "points". To me the hidden tradeline is the best part, especially since I carried a fairly large balance for a few months ($8-9k) and yes I'd like to see a CLI but more for an ego thing than a need thing since $20k is more than enough spending power on one card. It won't hurt me to see the card go away, but I sure don't want it to.

Message 18 of 28
taxi818
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@taxi818 wrote:

@atd1970 wrote:

Probably not.

Sounds like dishonesty on their part would be a very good reason to ditch them. That said, I haven't had any problems with my card.

I think the Dischonesty was from them leaving the reps out to burn. They had no idea they would get that kind of demand on the card at that time. It was pretty obvious. REps could not really see all the information about the cards. If approved or not. so they had to say something to get people off the phone. i was excited to know i had got approved and i only really found out once the pin number came in the mail about a week before receiving the card. Other Than that as stated. I absolutely love my card. Tried the heavy spend game and no cli. so its ok. Love the hidden Tl about all. and they do not bother you as well. even though im at about 75% util right now. have been there a couple of months. but i do pay 3 times the Minimum so no problem.

Message 19 of 28
-Cal-
Valued Contributor

I've observed a good amount of people stating that they carry balances on this card. What are the interest rates like?
Message 20 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.