Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Diners Club 1 year later.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Diners Club 1 year later.

@-Cal- wrote:
I've observed a good amount of people stating that they carry balances on this card. What are the interest rates like?

Coincidentally my statement just cut today and they're changing how they calculate interest:

2. We are changing the U.S. Prime Rate publication date we use for calculating your APR. Effective December 1, 2015, the section entitled “Variable Annual Percentage Rates for Purchases and Cash Advances” is replaced in its entirety with the following:

The APR will vary with the market based on the Prime Rate. If any annual percentage rate is based on the U.S. Prime Rate plus a margin, we will calculate the rate for each billing period by adding the applicable margin that appears on the Facts about Interest and Fees table to the U.S. Prime Rate published in The Wall Street Journal on the last day of each month. If the Wall Street Journal is not published on that day we will use the rate published in the immediately preceding edition. Any increase or decrease in a variable annual percentage rate due to a change in the U.S. Prime Rate takes effect as of the first day of the following billing period. If The Wall Street Journal ceases publication or to publish the U.S. Prime Rate, we may use the U.S. Prime Rate published in any other newspaper of general circulation, or we may substitute a similar reference rate at our sole discretion. When a change in an applicable variable annual percentage rate takes effect we will apply it to any existing balances, subject to any promotional rate that may apply.

The APR for me seems to be 13.15% for purchases and 22.24% for cash advances. Not sure if that's the same for everyone else or not. (I normally don't pay attention since I PIF all of my cards and never do cash advances.)

Message 21 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@taxi818 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@taxi818 wrote:

@atd1970 wrote:

Probably not.

CSR tend to expand the truth LOL.

However, as an "emergency' card", or if you travel beyond North America. This is a great addition, and a keeper.

+1 agreed. since Diners Csr's were masters of deception. Take anything they say with a grain of salt.

Sounds like dishonesty on their part would be a very good reason to ditch them. That said, I haven't had any problems with my card.

I think the Dischonesty was from them leaving the reps out to burn. They had no idea they would get that kind of demand on the card at that time. It was pretty obvious. REps could not really see all the information about the cards. If approved or not. so they had to say something to get people off the phone. i was excited to know i had got approved and i only really found out once the pin number came in the mail about a week before receiving the card. Other Than that as stated. I absolutely love my card. Tried the heavy spend game and no cli. so its ok. Love the hidden Tl about all. and they do not bother you as well. even though im at about 75% util right now. have been there a couple of months. but i do pay 3 times the Minimum so no problem.

True. Speaking of not bothering, they keep forgetting that my computer is a trusted one every month so I have to enter security questions every time I log onto their website. Plus they keep wanting the last four of my SSN to send them money, which is weird.

Message 22 of 28
taxi818
Super Contributor

The security is the same for everyone. They started the last 4 digits of social about 3 months ago. As extra security. Also as far as interest rate. Everyone with the card has the same rate. 13.15%. As far as cash advance. It's 22plus percent. Before your entire limit was available in cash. They changed it to 20% about 6 months ago. This goes for all card members.
Message 23 of 28
noobody
Established Contributor

Does hidden trade line shorten AAoA?
EX819 1HP|TU797 1HP| EQ(Fico8 BankCard)841
Message 24 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@noobody wrote:

No, it has no effect on AAoA.  If it were to report its impact on AAoA can't be known without taking into account how old the hidden TL is and the age of your other accounts.

Message 25 of 28
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@noobody wrote:

No, it has no effect on AAoA.  If it were to report its impact on AAoA can't be known without taking into account how old the hidden TL is and the age of your other accounts.

man oh man I wish I would of gotten this card!  I offical have to christmas wishes now.. 1) 140k ritz promo to come back and of course get approved.. 2) Diner's club applications re-open for a stocking stuffer  Smiley Happy

Message 26 of 28
taxi818
Super Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@noobody wrote:

man oh man I wish I would of gotten this card!  I offical have to christmas wishes now.. 1) 140k ritz promo to come back and of course get approved.. 2) Diner's club applications re-open for a stocking stuffer  Smiley Happy

For sure I love mine. Only one who knows I have it is me and bmo.  Love it. For sure no affect on aaoa. At this point it would be backdated to last year if they did report. Unlikely since it's already been over a year. I for one think I will come back. Too good of a card to just sit by. It would knock out many other cards for sure. I want the elite now. Iirc its 3x points per dollar. Groceries. Gas. Etc. 

but a hefty $300AF

Message 27 of 28
DaJagman
Regular Contributor

A year later I'm still amazed I have a 40K limit that's hidden and is true chip and pin. I've run 10K through it this year and I'm so happy I worked through the initial apprehension and pulled the trigger.
FICOs: EX: 840, EQ: 850, TU: 841
Bank of America Cash Rewards 50k
Diners Club Premier 40k
Chase Sapphire Reserve 50k
American Express Platinum NPSL
Discover it 47K
Message 28 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.