Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Diners Club AF This Year

tag
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Diners Club AF This Year

Curious to know if those with a Diners Club Consumer card or cards have your regular AF posted this time around.

Last year many cardholders enjoyed a generous no AF surprise.

Both mine posted today as expected.

On another note I also had since decided to stick with both cards after all.

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
odd_dog
Valued Contributor

Re: Diners Club AF This Year

Yup mine hit today also.....BUT last years fun was that the fee posted and I think it was three days later they credited it back....so I got two more days to dream of a repeat of last time...LOL

Message 2 of 22
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@odd_dog wrote:

Yup mine hit today also.....BUT last years fun was that the fee posted and I think it was three days later they credited it back....so I got two more days to dream of a repeat of last time...LOL

Hey odd_dog, good to see you again.

Yeah that was definitely a very welcome surprise and in part factored into my decision not to drop the Elite this time around. 

Both my cards APR is 13.49% respectively which is still what I consider highly competitive compared to even most my other cards that I've had a whole lot longer.

Message 3 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

I paid mine this time around. The way I see it, the $95 is the price of entry for something with a PIN.

Message 4 of 22
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I paid mine this time around. The way I see it, the $95 is the price of entry for something with a PIN.

The PIN is a real nice feature for me too provided I don't misplace it again.

It was quite the adventure tracking down a compatible ATM to do the reset on one of mine this summer.

They been very solid and supportive whenever needing assistance too. A real plus in this age of outsourcing.

Message 5 of 22
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

I wish I could have gotten in on this bandwagon when it was happening, LOL..I would love to have their WE card. Smiley Happy
Message 6 of 22
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@pizza1 wrote:
I wish I could have gotten in on this bandwagon when it was happening, LOL..I would love to have their WE card. Smiley Happy

Well pizza thanks to some long timers around here, they were the ones that actually encouraged going for the "pair" of Diners at the time.

Apparently it's been enough of a success for BMO that they waived last years fee.

That was a welcome treat given the hidden TL aspect of it faded. 

Message 7 of 22
Sharingan
Established Contributor

I managed to get in an application for the Premier a week or two before Diners Club took them down indefinitely back in 2014, so I'm expecting my AF to post in the middle of December. I wasn't fortunate enough to have my AF refunded last year, but I find the card quite valuable and will gladly pay the $95 annually for the lounge access, Chip & PIN capability, and primary collision coverage in particular. It's a fixture in my wallet when traveling along with the Chase Hyatt.

Message 8 of 22
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@Sharingan wrote:

I managed to get in an application for the Premier a week or two before Diners Club took them down indefinitely back in 2014, so I'm expecting my AF to post in the middle of December. I wasn't fortunate enough to have my AF refunded last year, but I find the card quite valuable and will gladly pay the $95 annually for the lounge access, Chip & PIN capability, and primary collision coverage in particular. It's a fixture in my wallet when traveling along with the Chase Hyatt.

Excellent!

It definitely holds it's own and that is a pretty combo you have there.

Message 9 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Speaking of which, DC's benefits overlap significantly for me now that I have the CSR. In fact, CSR's are better in some respects (Priority Pass is a bigger network, for instance). If it wasn't for the PIN support, I'd probably be thinking a lot harder as to whether to keep DC.

Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.