Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Diners Club Account Reviews

tag
baller4life
Super Contributor

Re: Diners Club Account Reviews

You're right. They can make whatever rules they like. Let's just hope none of us get caught up in their review process. Like I've said before, just very surprising they didn't have their act together before they started accepting these apps.
Message 81 of 96
android01
Valued Contributor

Well, when I applied I had an 850 FICO 8 score and my application still went to manual review.  It took a week to find out that I was approved for 50K.  My income, although not all W-2, (most of it is on K-1 as distributions have a lower tax rate) justifies this CL.  So, someone looked at it and approved it manually.  I'm hoping since I was approved on manual review, I might not get the axe.  My statement cuts today, and is roughly 50% utilized this period.  I plan on paying it in full as soon as the statement cuts, which I normally don't watch so closely because it's a hidden TL.  I really like this card, and I hope I get to keep it.  

EQ Fico 8 - 850
TU Fico 8 - 850
EX Fico 8 - 850
Message 82 of 96
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@baller4life wrote:
You're right. They can make whatever rules they like. Let's just hope none of us get caught up in their review process. Like I've said before, just very surprising they didn't have their act together before they started accepting these apps.

Yes, I agree.  Seemed to be totally unprepared for the volume and the usage, especially of the Elite.

Message 83 of 96
baller4life
Super Contributor

I'm sure you'll be fine android since you were already manually reviewed. Awesome scores btw. I wanna be you when I grow up! Smiley Happy
Message 84 of 96
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Playing Devil's Advocate - and not trying to raise any alarms-  has me wondering if the 'hidden tl' was enacted when they realized the approvals may have to be revoked.  I recall the concerns over OCCU and the closures reporting on CRs. 

Hopefully, we will learn more over the next few weeks. 

Message 85 of 96
Anonymous
Not applicable

I didn't think 850 was possible. Congratulations! Cat Very Happy

Message 86 of 96
baller4life
Super Contributor

Good point Lexie. I never even thought of that. I was in fact told by a supervisor that it would report after 60 days. Then it didn't report at all. Your theory makes alot of sense!!
Message 87 of 96
android01
Valued Contributor

@baller4life wrote:
I'm sure you'll be fine android since you were already manually reviewed. Awesome scores btw. I wanna be you when I grow up! Smiley Happy

Let's hope so.  Thanks for the compliment! Smiley Happy 

EQ Fico 8 - 850
TU Fico 8 - 850
EX Fico 8 - 850
Message 88 of 96
android01
Valued Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:

Playing Devil's Advocate - and not trying to raise any alarms-  has me wondering if the 'hidden tl' was enacted when they realized the approvals may have to be revoked.  I recall the concerns over OCCU and the closures reporting on CRs. 

I think the hidden TL was a result of that's the way it is for their business card customers, which is all they've had until they opened up the consumer card business.  I think it is just a continuation of their current reporting policies.  That might be another thing that changes.  Smiley Indifferent

EQ Fico 8 - 850
TU Fico 8 - 850
EX Fico 8 - 850
Message 89 of 96
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@android01 wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

I think the hidden TL was a result of that's the way it is for their business card customers, which is all they've had until they opened up the consumer card business.  I think it is just a continuation of their current reporting policies.  That might be another thing that changes.  Smiley Indifferent

I had a DC back in the 80's and cannot recall if it reported. But you are correct, their Business Division does not report. 

Message 90 of 96
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.