Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Diners Club CC Blocked and no response for days

tag
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: Diners Club CC Blocked and no response for days

@Anonymous wrote:
Looks like someone is making it clear that they do not want high balances nor black friday shopping on their cards.

Or its a very poorly timed coincidence... lol.

they're probably assessing the situation they're in right now.

They may make changes to the underwriting requirements for future applications, or that they may be thinking about what to do with the current cardholders. 

Seems like it that they didn't expect this card to be this popular and that they underestimated the number of people who would pay $95 to $300 just for a large credit line.

Eitherways, doesn't mean something bad will happen.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 51 of 74
enharu
Super Contributor

@taxi818 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Oh my... not another OCCU Beaver fiasco!Smiley Sad

Hold on /Dont jump the gun. i read that Bmo has 579 billion in assets. very very stable. we need to hear what they say to the op. lets not cause mass panic.Smiley LOL lol

Assets have nothing to do with loss tolerance though.

Just because they have 579 billion in assets doesn't mean they have to put 579 billion worth of assets on the line.

The risk you want to take and the amount of assets you have are entirely different subjects.

For instance, Wells Fargo has trillions in assets, but most of it are in mortgages. Their attempts at expanding their credit division thus far seems to be a half assed job that really hasn't accomplished much. Is it the credit division's fault? Not entirely. Management's probably not interesting in putting more assets at risk to unsecured debt. There are smaller companies with more assets in riskier debt than what Wells Fargo has invested into their credit card division.

Look at it this way: You have 1 million to invest.

Your loss tolerance however, may just be 10k. After you lose 10k, you pull out and want nothing to do with the market. Just because you have 1M to invest doesn't mean you have 1M to lose.

And there's also an issue of credit mix. Just because you have 1M to invest doesn't mean you pour everything into 1 basket.

That being said, I'm not saying something bad is going to happen to BMO or the Diners card. 

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 52 of 74
Anonymous
Not applicable

@enharu wrote:

@taxi818 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Oh my... not another OCCU Beaver fiasco!Smiley Sad

Hold on /Dont jump the gun. i read that Bmo has 579 billion in assets. very very stable. we need to hear what they say to the op. lets not cause mass panic.Smiley LOL lol

Assets have nothing to do with loss tolerance though.

Just because they have 579 billion in assets doesn't mean they have to put 579 billion worth of assets on the line.

The risk you want to take and the amount of assets you have are entirely different subjects.

For instance, Wells Fargo has trillions in assets, but most of it are in mortgages. Their attempts at expanding their credit division thus far seems to be a half assed job that really hasn't accomplished much. Is it the credit division's fault? Not entirely. Management's probably not interesting in putting more assets at risk to unsecured debt. There are smaller companies with more assets in riskier debt than what Wells Fargo has invested into their credit card division.

Look at it this way: You have 1 million to invest.

Your loss tolerance however, may just be 10k. After you lose 10k, you pull out and want nothing to do with the market. Just because you have 1M to invest doesn't mean you have 1M to lose.

And there's also an issue of credit mix. Just because you have 1M to invest doesn't mean you pour everything into 1 basket.

That being said, I'm not saying something bad is going to happen to BMO or the Diners card. 

1 % tolerance, hmm.

Message 53 of 74
enharu
Super Contributor

You would be surprised at the reaction of certain people when they lose just a little money in the stock market or a retirement account. Smiley Tongue

I did internships in wealth management and also trading when I was back in college and it was during '08 meltdown. Calls from clients weren't pretty even for people who didn't really lose much. Funniest call of all was this lady calling in complaining about her 401k account when she's like 30+ years away from retirement.... If it's red, people are not happy.
Message 54 of 74
Callandra
Valued Contributor

@enharu wrote:
You would be surprised at the reaction of certain people when they lose just a little money in the stock market or a retirement account. Smiley Tongue

I did internships in wealth management and also trading when I was back in college and it was during '08 meltdown. Calls from clients weren't pretty even for people who didn't really lose much. Funniest call of all was this lady calling in complaining about her 401k account when she's like 30+ years away from retirement.... If it's red, people are not happy.

That's nothing. When I was a cashier at Target, I had people scream and threaten over a 25 cent price difference. 

Quicksilver $10,000 | Better Balance Rewards $2000 | Sallie Mae $3500 | Freedom $3500

Last HP: 9/27/2015
Message 55 of 74
Anonymous
Not applicable

4 days no news, op any luck

Message 56 of 74
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nixon - may be time to throw yourself on the sword for our banking system! Smiley Sad
Message 57 of 74
IWOL
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

4 days no news, op any luck

Still have not heard from them. I will update here as soon as I hear from them.

Message 58 of 74
Anonymous
Not applicable

IWOL I think you would be fine ! don't worry , I got both card for 40k in total and spend 11k from perimer on Sep and 19k from elite on past week and then paid off my elite and nothing happend so far , so I think you got red flag because of using a specific merchant which they think was suspicious not size of amount you spend so it was not your problem and they should reopen your card ;

Message 59 of 74
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Callandra wrote:

That's nothing. When I was a cashier at Target, I had people scream and threaten over a 25 cent price difference. 

ah! the joy of being a cashier Smiley LOL

Message 60 of 74
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.