Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Diners Club CC US Departure

tag
12njoy
Super Contributor

Re: Diners Club CC US Departure

@chalupaman wrote:

I still think BMO should have been better prepared initially to work out the bugs and kinks in the system they bought, especially if it was already 11 years old. At least update all of that technology first and then do the test run and then fix any other problems that may arise. I just thought it was a bit unprofessional for them to have gone about it the way that they did and considering their reputation and all.

I can agree with you, but I would say that at least it wasn't as bad as the OCCU craziness.  That was awful.

(Formerly known as: Credit is my hobby (1.6M)/TCL objective)
___________ 12Njoy
FICO - EX 810; EQ 797; TU 804 I'm climbing back to 800+
Message 51 of 110
12njoy
Super Contributor

@NRB525 wrote:

if so there will be a number of surprised people with their utilization showing...

I used to think they were going to report, now I think it kind of goes with the DNA of Diners, not to report, unless they have problems with the borrower for some reason.

I was under the impression that the original Diners Club cards didn't report and the one's with CITI.  I hope they don't report either and then I'll start carrying balances, but until then, small purchases and PIF.

___________ 12Njoy
Message 52 of 110
12njoy
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@12njoy wrote:

@NRB525 wrote:

@joedtx wrote:

NRB525

The "test run in 2014" with a full launch soon, is actually the most plausible situation. in 2004, if that was the last time Consumer versions of the cards were issued, that was not BMO Harris Bank. When BMO bought this name, they got the backoffice systems as well, which are the key to managing (a charitable term) the Rewards system and the billing (cough... joke) system. Since these computer systems are new to BMO, they are trying to get the bugs worked out of them. While they did initially say "December" then "early 2015" now "late 2015" eventually they are going to get past the initial issues and re-open the apps. This is a business, and given their success at attracting customers, with a card that has an AF, no bonus spend, limited rewards earning but wide rewards exchange with other partners, plus the EMV-PIN features, this will be a competitive card and a profit engine for BMO when it is released again.

You make some valid points just some thoughts but technology moves at such a rapid pace, would an instituation of that size risk utilizing an 11 year old system. I cannot speak for current systems but even back the 90's where most systems were nothing like todays, only the account data would be purged because of all the risks, security etc and even then it was outsourced to a dedicated IT provider.

The notes I've read on other forums indicate they did try to run with the purchased legacy systems. Whether they buy more duct tape, or try to program a new system, is to be seen.

The choices are not good: The old system can't handle the workload without significant patching, that seems obvious. A new system will take a large investment of money and time to create, test and activate. Before one can outsource, there needs to be some stable, defined systems and processes to be moved to the outsourcing provider.

I'm just glad I got in with my two cards when I did.  Tried to get my brother to apply for a second card but he waited and waited.  Then when he decided, the application process was taken away.  I haven't had any issues with my two cards, but I have only been using them for small purchases.  Still no reporting to CB's.  I think once they iron all this out with the systems, they''ll report.

Go wash your mouth out with soap right now!

Oh how I hope I'm wrong Smiley LOL as I gargle with soap

___________ 12Njoy
Message 53 of 110
Anonymous
Not applicable

Its report time!

Message 54 of 110
chalupaman
Super Contributor

@12njoy wrote:

@chalupaman wrote:

I still think BMO should have been better prepared initially to work out the bugs and kinks in the system they bought, especially if it was already 11 years old. At least update all of that technology first and then do the test run and then fix any other problems that may arise. I just thought it was a bit unprofessional for them to have gone about it the way that they did and considering their reputation and all.

I can agree with you, but I would say that at least it wasn't as bad as the OCCU craziness.  That was awful.

Oh yes. I completely agree. That incident was far worse than what happened with Diners Club. At least most people seem to still have their cards in some way.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 55 of 110
joedtx
Valued Contributor

@chalupaman wrote:

@12njoy wrote:

@chalupaman wrote:

Oh yes. I completely agree. That incident was far worse than what happened with Diners Club. At least most people seem to still have their cards in some way.

I feel bad for Diners members who had to endure such things as: account suspensions, card cancellations, application fiascos, etc. so unprofessional.

Message 56 of 110
taxi818
Super Contributor

@joedtx wrote:

@chalupaman wrote:

@12njoy wrote:

@chalupaman wrote:

I feel bad for Diners members who had to endure such things as: account suspensions, card cancellations, application fiascos, etc. so unprofessional.

True. very un professional. however. despite that. the card over all is outstanding. without any doubt. i did not endure the torture other than after applying calling two or 3 times to see if they reviewed my app. as it appeared every app was manually reviewed. either you had answer in 3 to 5 days. or you were put in the chocolate candy factory que. where johnny depp played with your mind. any way. would i do it again. absolutely. feel bad for otheres yes. for sure. but im feeling they will come back. im just waiting to get that elite. even if it means going on the merry go round once again.

Message 57 of 110
12njoy
Super Contributor

@taxi818 wrote:

@joedtx wrote:

@chalupaman wrote:

@12njoy wrote:

@chalupaman wrote:

True. very un professional. however. despite that. the card over all is outstanding. without any doubt. i did not endure the torture other than after applying calling two or 3 times to see if they reviewed my app. as it appeared every app was manually reviewed. either you had answer in 3 to 5 days. or you were put in the chocolate candy factory que. where johnny depp played with your mind. any way. would i do it again. absolutely. feel bad for otheres yes. for sure. but im feeling they will come back. im just waiting to get that elite. even if it means going on the merry go round once again.

I would think with this hiatus, it'll be better next go round.

___________ 12Njoy
Message 58 of 110
Anonymous
Not applicable

@12njoy wrote:

@taxi818 wrote:

@joedtx wrote:

@chalupaman wrote:

@12njoy wrote:

@chalupaman wrote:

I would think with this hiatus, it'll be better next go round.

Yeah but next go around they might actually give limits that make sense. Smiley Wink

Message 59 of 110
12njoy
Super Contributor

I do believe that you are correct Nixon.  The limits proabably won't be given away like they were before.  People will likely have to work for them now.Smiley Mad

___________ 12Njoy
Message 60 of 110
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.