cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Diners Club CLI denied (data point only)

tag
12njoy
Super Contributor

Diners Club CLI denied (data point only)

I've had my Diner's twins since November 2014.  Since there's been discussion about them reporting now I figured why not try for a CLI.  Updated all information and they pulled TU.  After a 20 mniute hold (I'm not kidding) CSR came back and said it was denied due to too much overall credit available with only a small fraction of that being used.  Ok good enough, then he says "you have sufficient credit with us and you're only using 5k of the 30k you have with us".  He finally says "we're going to maintain your two cards at 15k".  That was a relief since some have posted that after a CLI denial with Diners, their card was locked.  Both of mine are okay at the moment.  It appears that Diners will take into heavy consideration your available credit as others do too.  This is just for informational purposes for others who are considering.  I'm perfectly fine with the outcome.

(Formerly known as: Credit is my hobby (1.6M)/TCL objective)
___________ 12Njoy
FICO - EX 810; EQ 797; TU 804 I'm climbing back to 800+
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Re: Diners Club CLI denied (data point only)

Yeah they were pretty healthy limits that most approvals came thru with on Diners so i can see them heavily scrutinize anyone asking for a higher limit but thanks for sharing your experience.

FYI: In this month's statement also was the reporting language so it's said and done but just a matter of seeing if or when they show up if at all.

For my part they can stay the norm if they like Smiley Wink

Message 2 of 9
12njoy
Super Contributor

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

Yeah they were pretty healthy limits that most approvals came thru with on Diners so i can see them heavily scrutinize anyone asking for a higher limit but thanks for sharing your experience.

FYI: In this month's statement also was the reporting language so it's said and done but just a matter of seeing if or when they show up if at all.

I'm hoping they don't report but if they do,  my utilization should actually go down and a couple of months added to AAOA too 

___________ 12Njoy
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is anyone aware of when they may start taking applications again (I'm not seeking the card, just curious because it has been offline so long)? 

Message 4 of 9
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@12njoy wrote:

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

I'm hoping they don't report but if they do,  my utilization should actually go down and a couple of months added to AAOA too 

Exactly. In fact there's a high chance of a nice score jump if they do happen to report. Not that i have that much in balances as much as the overall credit will Zoom!!! again plus as you say the history!

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for sharing!

Message 6 of 9
12njoy
Super Contributor

We'll all soon see

___________ 12Njoy
Message 7 of 9
jacetx
Valued Contributor

@12njoy wrote:

I've had my Diner's twins since November 2014.  Since there's been discussion about them reporting now I figured why not try for a CLI.  Updated all information and they pulled TU.  After a 20 mniute hold (I'm not kidding) CSR came back and said it was denied due to too much overall credit available with only a small fraction of that being used.  Ok good enough, then he says "you have sufficient credit with us and you're only using 5k of the 30k you have with us".  He finally says "we're going to maintain your two cards at 15k".  That was a relief since some have posted that after a CLI denial with Diners, their card was locked.  Both of mine are okay at the moment.  It appears that Diners will take into heavy consideration your available credit as others do too.  This is just for informational purposes for others who are considering.  I'm perfectly fine with the outcome.

They told me the same thing when I asked for a CLI on mine like they are doing me a favor by not lowering my CL. It's not like I don't have more cards with +$10k. 

Message 8 of 9
12njoy
Super Contributor

@jace8602 wrote:

@12njoy wrote:

They told me the same thing when I asked for a CLI on mine like they are doing me a favor by not lowering my CL. It's not like I don't have more cards with +$10k. 

You're right.  I never looked at it like that.  Smiley Wink

___________ 12Njoy
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.