Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Diners Club CSR Nice but...

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Diners Club CSR Nice but...

I called to see if I could get status update since I didn't get instant approval (that seems to mean declined if not instant approval!)

she said they can't even look it up, you either get card or letter in 7-10 days of why you were not approved.

and no they don't have a credit department

again she was super nice, in the US and it was short call but sounds denied to me if computer doesn't instantly approve.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
runrunrun89
Established Member

Re: Diners Club CSR Nice but...

Sounds like you got the same CSR I did.
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I live vicariously through your apps
Message 3 of 11
Jaylima91
Established Contributor

CA, which one did you apply for?
Message 4 of 11
1GaDawg85
Valued Contributor

Demand an answer CA! We are counting on you!

FICO 5 ,4, 2 - 10/2023                            FICO 8 - 10/2023                                   FICO 9 - 10/2023                                   FICO 10 - 10/2023

Message 5 of 11
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Just the standard $95/ AF one.
Message 6 of 11
Happychap
Frequent Contributor

I don't think its a denial if you get the 7-14 day message. I applied and also got this message. I say that I dont think its a decline only becasue I got the message instantly when pressing the submit button, unlike the usual waiting and watching the screen to decide on an answer while it strips through your CR Smiley Happy  My TU score is my best, it is around 798 with 1% UTL and only 6 INQ. 

Message 7 of 11
IWOL
Established Contributor

I also got the 7 to 15 day message, which came up instantly after submitting app.

My TU is 761, with 9% util and 4 inq.

Hoping for some good news in the mail next week.

Message 8 of 11
IWOL
Established Contributor

I just called again and the CSR was able to look up my info. I was approved and card was mailed out yesterday.

They matched my highest limit at 20K.Smiley Happy

Im very excited to get this card. I have been searching for a good way to earn Eva Air poimts for travel to Asia and I can transfer Diners points to EVA at 1 to 1.

I got the Elite card which gives 3 times points on Groceries and Drug stores.....should be easy to cover that $300 annual fee.

Message 9 of 11
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Creditaddict wrote:

I called to see if I could get status update since I didn't get instant approval (that seems to mean declined if not instant approval!)

she said they can't even look it up, you either get card or letter in 7-10 days of why you were not approved.

and no they don't have a credit department

again she was super nice, in the US and it was short call but sounds denied to me if computer doesn't instantly approve.

It may or may not.  Just depends when they go through all of the recent application volume that went through exception processing.  IIRC, while BMO does not seem to be sensitive to recent INQs or new TLs, I'm sure there's some threshold and most folks who got the message and eventually get approved appear to have TU (or EX) scores north of 720.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.