Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Diners Club Card - Interesting fact

tag
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

Diners Club Card - Interesting fact

Just rec'd my new Diner's Club Mastercard todayand after setting up the account online I noticed that 100% of the credit limit is available as CASH. All of my other MC/V cards limit "cash" to 20% to 50% and I know this varies - 20 years ago your CL was typically all available as "cash" and I don't really know when this changed, but it's interesting to see that Diner's Club treats credit and cash as one in the same. 

Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28
iwazl71
Frequent Contributor

Re: Diners Club Card - Interesting fact

Yeah, I noticed that too.  How the hell do we pay the card, i dont see a menu for payments.

Scores: EQ 796, EX 790, TU 807
Personal and Business Cards: 31 with 763k
High Limit Cards: CSP 50k | BoA Cash 81k | NFCU flagship 60k | Penfed Rewards 50k | Aviator Silver 52k
Message 2 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@iwazl71 wrote:

Yeah, I noticed that too.  How the hell do we pay the card, i dont see a menu for payments.

You don't. It's free money!

Message 3 of 29
iwazl71
Frequent Contributor

Jeez, how nice would that be....

Scores: EQ 796, EX 790, TU 807
Personal and Business Cards: 31 with 763k
High Limit Cards: CSP 50k | BoA Cash 81k | NFCU flagship 60k | Penfed Rewards 50k | Aviator Silver 52k
Message 4 of 29
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

@iwazl71 wrote:

Heh, I didn't even bother to look for that since the only thing due is the AF - maybe you have to wait until an actual statement cuts.

Message 5 of 29
Sooners2013
Regular Contributor

Yiu have some interesting card info in your signature line. 24 cards with over 400,000 in credit lines. Would you mind listing those and giving us some of your stats such as scores, incomes, utilization and etc so everyone can learn. You must be doing something right. 

Message 6 of 29
revjamesl
Valued Contributor

What bureau did they pull when you applied?

AMEX Platinum NPSL | Discover It $45.9k | Chase Sapphire Reserved $40.7k |Barclay Arrival+ WEMC $40k | PENFED Platinum Rewards VS $35k | Lowes $35k | BoA Better Balance Rewards $30k | AMEX EDP $25k | Cap 1 QS $23.25k | NASA Platinum $20k | Chase Freedom $15k | Synchrony Haverty's $16.5k | BBVA NBA Rockets AMEX $15k | FNBO AMEX $15k | Citi Diamond Preferred $10.7k | Best Buy $10k | Synchrony Rooms-to-Go $10k | US Bank Cash+ $7.5k | AMEX BCE $6k | Barclay Financing Visa 1k | |

AU on DW Accounts: Discover It $40k I AMEX BCE $30k | Chase Marriot $29.8k |

Credit Scores: 800 EQ/833 TU/831 EX
Message 7 of 29
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

@revjamesl wrote:

What bureau did they pull when you applied?

TU only (743)

Message 8 of 29
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

@pipeguy wrote:

Just rec'd my new Diner's Club Mastercard todayand after setting up the account online I noticed that 100% of the credit limit is available as CASH. All of my other MC/V cards limit "cash" to 20% to 50% and I know this varies - 20 years ago your CL was typically all available as "cash" and I don't really know when this changed, but it's interesting to see that Diner's Club treats credit and cash as one in the same. 

my capitalone card  allows me my full credit line as cash line, for only 10% more APR than my 11.9% APR...  so its not unprecedented. 

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 9 of 29
Ron1
Super Contributor

It is the same as my Diners Charge card. Did you get Paypass and EMV all in the same card?

Ron.

Message 10 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.