cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Diners Club Closure, Some Advice for my fellow Diners!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Diners Club Closure, Some Advice for my fellow Diners!

@ojefferyo wrote:

So what the CSR have told me in the past was true, they will find a reason to close people with two cards down to one it looks like. That sucks!!

That's a shame. They shouldn't have approved two if they didn't want you to have em.

Message 11 of 33
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

I think what they were doing was getting approvals out of the way then sort things out later.  I app'd for the Elite too, now I'm gonna get them to remove the second HP they did for the second card.

@Anonymous wrote:

@ojefferyo wrote:

So what the CSR have told me in the past was true, they will find a reason to close people with two cards down to one it looks like. That sucks!!

That's a shame. They shouldn't have approved two if they didn't want you to have em.

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 12 of 33
taxi818
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Guess I'm glad that I never did apply for the 2nd card

+1

Message 13 of 33
taxi818
Super Contributor

@chalupaman wrote:

Man this card sounds like a pain. 

No the card is actually excellent. lol. hidden tl. high limit. nothing reporting on cr. its outstanding. its just he has two of them. and they closed one. we felt it might happen. as they seem to be getting things in order and getting organized now. i guess the 2nd card is out. but i must say. the premier is still very good. due to the fact its hidden. im glad as im at 60 percent right now. Smiley Sad

Message 14 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@taxi818 wrote:

@chalupaman wrote:

Man this card sounds like a pain. 

No the card is actually excellent. lol. hidden tl. high limit. nothing reporting on cr. its outstanding. its just he has two of them. and they closed one. we felt it might happen. as they seem to be getting things in order and getting organized now. i guess the 2nd card is out. but i must say. the premier is still very good. due to the fact its hidden. im glad as im at 60 percent right now. Smiley Sad

Didn't you get 10K on yours?

Message 15 of 33
taxi818
Super Contributor

No . i got the baby limit. 5k. but since its hidden i paid my old taxes with it. to get Uncle Sam  out of the way before i travel. so actually im at 63 percent i guess. 3200 balance out of 5k. still have min payment of 20 bucks.

Message 16 of 33
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Honesty this CC and bank or whatever they are is ran like a circus show from what I have seen....  They are creating policies on the fly....  They weren't ready for prime time at all in my opinion.

Message 17 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Agreed with taxi, the card is very good. I've ran already 70,000 through this card, maxing it out twice! And then paying it off. Everything from purchasing a car, to sending 8,000 via PayPal, they let you spend as you wish without silly fraud alerts going through. I expected this to happen, however, considering my perfect payment history (pay in full) I'm shocked they didn't just let me be. Regardless the card is great because it's a hidden TL that I can leave debt on here and there without a worry. BMO's diners division are clowns when it come to problem resolution, they speak sincerely and from the bottom of their heart, and still do nothing to help you resolve any issues. It is what it is, enjoy your limits and DO NOT ASK FOR A CLI as this can trigger an annual review on your account.
Message 18 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Honesty this CC and bank or whatever they are is ran like a circus show from what I have seen....  They are creating policies on the fly....  They weren't ready for prime time at all in my opinion.

They were severely overwhelmed with the response.

Message 19 of 33
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

If some of you may remember, I called diners to get a credit limit increase.

Mind you, I was at 1% utlization, state income very high, fico was perfect on TU especially since so many inquiries were just removed.

To make a long story short, as I cannot go into the details, or specifics as I am at work... for those of you with two cards, LEAVE REVOLVING DEBT ON BOTH OF THEM.

Diners club shut my smaller 20k elite card off because I used the premeir exclusively and left a balance on it, and paid the elite off and let it just sit. their excuse was that my income did not justify the exposure... when I have 100k...credit cards..

The rumors are true, that they only want you to have on card, and one card only. However, there is a high likely hood that when they do an annual review on your card, they will close the one card you are not using.

kinda sucks, but im not crying considering my very large limits across the board, however, that 20k hidden tradeline was going to be put to good use.

AND A FYI, they are mailing back the $300 annual fee via check

I disagree.  IIRC, regardless of income and utilization, there were other factors that may have led them to take a much closer look.  For one, through the HP you allowed for the CLI review, they may have concluded that your recent apetite for new accounts and high CL reallocations may have raised a red flag (after all your aggressive goal to attain $1MM in unsecured credit - while comendable - may be troublesome for some lenders).  Their UW methodolgy is still shrouded in mystery, but what is fact, both of my accounts have had healthy usage - not revolving / PIF - and have encountered no issues whatsoever.

IMO, I would have not even asked for CLI, given you have plenty of access to credit and other financial resources based on your spend habits (not to mention your Centurion card).

I'm sure they will review accounts periodically, but unless something sticks out out of the norm, they're likely to leave things alone for some folks.  Flying below the radar is actually a much better advice.  You likely drew attention though.

Message 20 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.