Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Diners Club Concern

tag
LipzyDaizy
Regular Contributor

Diners Club Concern

Am I the only thats a little concerned that Diners Club might do what OCCU did with the Duck card?  I might just be over thinking this but the more I think about it, the more I'm starting to worry.  I just received my card and I'm still shocked they gave me the CL they did.  They more than doubled my highest CL and I'm sure no other bank would issue a limit like that with my current scores.  Smiley Indifferent

Current Scores - EX 658, EQ 713, TU 722
Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: Diners Club Concern

It's a possibility that it will happen, but no one knows until it actually happens. With all the generous CL and loose underwriting standards, it's either they are very aggressive (or high) or that they didn't expect the card to be this popular.

Or they could be shady and are waiting for the 30 days to be up so that customers cannot ask for a refund of the annual fee.

Or that they are feeling like Santa Claus since Christmases around the corner.
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 2 of 26
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@LipzyDaizy wrote:

Am I the only thats a little concerned that Diners Club might do what OCCU did with the Duck card?  I might just be over thinking this but the more I think about it, the more I'm starting to worry.  I just received my card and I'm still shocked they gave me the CL they did.  They more than doubled my highest CL and I'm sure no other bank would issue a limit like that with my current scores.  Smiley Indifferent

If that concerns you too much you can always call them and just cancel that fine limit Prestigous new CC that  they just issued you Smiley Very Happy

Message 3 of 26
Jlu
Established Contributor

You shouldn't worry.

I'm sure Diner's Club is a LOT better equipped to handle large numbers of cardmembers than OCCU was. If you think some apps from the myFICO forum are going to bring down DC you are mistaken.

AMEX BCP $35k | Citi Double Cash $30k | PenFed PlatRewards $25k | Barclaycard $40k | Chase Freedom $25k | BofA Cash Rewards $40K | US Bank Cash+ $4500 | Discover IT $25k | NASA Platinum-Advantage $40k | CapOne Quicksilver $15k | Amazon Card $10k | Ten years on myFICO from 510 to 780 scores
Message 4 of 26
LipzyDaizy
Regular Contributor

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

@LipzyDaizy wrote:

If that concerns you too much you can always call them and just cancel that fine limit Prestigous new CC that  they just issued you Smiley Very Happy

lol  Ummm...I think I've called them enough.  Besides, I don't wanna be rude by not accepting itSmiley Wink.  I just like things being taken away from either. lol

Message 5 of 26
LipzyDaizy
Regular Contributor

@enharu wrote:
It's a possibility that it will happen, but no one knows until it actually happens. With all the generous CL and loose underwriting standards, it's either they are very aggressive (or high) or that they didn't expect the card to be this popular.

Or they could be shady and are waiting for the 30 days to be up so that customers cannot ask for a refund of the annual fee.

Or that they are feeling like Santa Claus since Christmases around the corner.

That would just be mean!!  Smiley Mad

Message 6 of 26
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@LipzyDaizy wrote:

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

@LipzyDaizy wrote:

lol  Ummm...I think I've called them enough.  Besides, I don't wanna be rude by not accepting itSmiley Wink.  I just like things being taken away from either. lol

IMHO your scores fully supports the SL that they assigned to your Diner's Club CC Account. Did you app for your second card yet? Smiley Wink

Message 7 of 26
LipzyDaizy
Regular Contributor

@Jlu wrote:

You shouldn't worry.

I'm sure Diner's Club is a LOT better equipped to handle large numbers of cardmembers than OCCU was. If you think some apps from the myFICO forum are going to bring down DC you are mistaken.

I'm sure you're right.  At least I hope you're right.  I worked so hard on improving my credit that I've become a little protective of what I've received and having it taken away might make me cry.  lol

Message 8 of 26
LipzyDaizy
Regular Contributor

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

@LipzyDaizy wrote:

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

@LipzyDaizy wrote:

IMHO your scores fully supports the SL that they assigned to your Diner's Club CC Account. Did you app for your second card yet? Smiley Wink

oh gosh no!!  It took 2 apps and 4 hps to get this one so I'm going to lay low for a while.  Just wanted this one for the chip and pin, no FTF, some lounge access seeing I might be doing some traveling next year.  And the annual fee on the Elite is a little rich for my blood at this point.  I don't spend enough to warrant it. But maybe down the line....lolSmiley Wink

Message 9 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can someone fill me in on the OCCU situation.  I've heard it referenced several times but not sure what happened.  As I was just approved for the DC Elite I hate seeing any reference to something bad.

Message 10 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.