Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Diners Club Consumer Cards Info

tag
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Re: Diners Club Consumer Cards Info

@woodyman100 wrote:

I cancelled my card 18 months ago and STILL get daily balance alerts!

I thought about it a few times and even opened a topic awhile back considering closing one of the pair of mine.

Just couldn't do it in the end. They have been super people to help when for example i needed a PIN reset and they stayed on the phone with me an hour until tracking down that one ATM where it went through and all was set.

They are always johnny on the spot whenever i raised a concern or ask a question with friendly helpful replies going that extra mile too.

The points system is been favorable several times over and no way i can ever forget that while at the time my scores were only in the 650 or so range at the time they blasted away with (2) $20K Instant Approvals as well as issued on BOTH what is still one of my best APR Rates 3 years running.

I am more than satisfied to make the AF when it comes around again in October and am settled in for the long term as usual.

Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think there was a recent Mastercard rule change requiring that all cards have alerts capability. The issuer can either roll their own or use MC's service; it looks like BMO Harris probably decided to go with the latter.

(BTW I'm happy with my card too. They kept the contactless payment capability and even enhanced it so that it supposedly works on the London Underground. Cat Very Happy)

Message 12 of 13
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

@woodyman100 wrote:

I cancelled my card 18 months ago and STILL get daily balance alerts!

I thought about it a few times and even opened a topic awhile back considering closing one of the pair of mine.

Just couldn't do it in the end. They have been super people to help when for example i needed a PIN reset and they stayed on the phone with me an hour until tracking down that one ATM where it went through and all was set.

They are always johnny on the spot whenever i raised a concern or ask a question with friendly helpful replies going that extra mile too.

The points system is been favorable several times over and no way i can ever forget that while at the time my scores were only in the 650 or so range at the time they blasted away with (2) $20K Instant Approvals as well as issued on BOTH what is still one of my best APR Rates 3 years running.

I am more than satisfied to make the AF when it comes around again in October and am settled in for the long term as usual.

I agree with all of that, but my situation was a bit different.

I was at the upper middle end of my rebuild and still had 1 baddie.

I squeezed in with a $5k approval and they wouldn't budge because of the baddie.

i would've ended up paying the AF just for the privilege of saying I had one. Let's face it, The FICO friends, (New Marvel Comics) and I are the only people that know what's in my wallet.

i now have the hefty Ritz Carlton AF to use as my token of self worth Smiley LOL

NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.