Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Diners Club Dispute Process

tag
taxi818
Super Contributor

Re: Diners Club Dispute Process

So true irish. I asked last dealer . let me see your invoice. hehehe. hope you get it resolved B. and they give your money back.

Message 21 of 26
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

From my understanding of it, the Dealerships Finance Manager looked at my credit and deemed it worthy for whatever the top tier MB Financial uses. The problem is, when he submitted everything to MB Financial, they were uncomfortable with the number of cards I've opened in the last two years. Not DTI or balances and my utilization is 4%, just plain and simple number of cards. VW, BMW and GM Financial never had an issue with it. So he advised me they had lined up alternate financing but either I would need to put $20k down (I put $10k down originally) or my monthly payment would balloon.
Message 22 of 26
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@B335is wrote:
From my understanding of it, the Dealerships Finance Manager looked at my credit and deemed it worthy for whatever the top tier MB Financial uses. The problem is, when he submitted everything to MB Financial, they were uncomfortable with the number of cards I've opened in the last two years. NotDTI or balances and my utilization is 4%, just plain and simple number of cards.VW, BMW and GM Financial never had an issue with it. So he advised me they had lined up alternate financing but either I would need to put $20k down (I put $10k down originally) or my monthly payment would balloon.

I absolutely hate the 'spot delivery'... I know they generally work out, but when they don't it seems things always get really, really ugly.

I'm sorry you got caught up like that.  Smiley Sad

Message 23 of 26
longtime_lurker
Valued Contributor

@B335is wrote:
From my understanding of it, the Dealerships Finance Manager looked at my credit and deemed it worthy for whatever the top tier MB Financial uses. The problem is, when he submitted everything to MB Financial, they were uncomfortable with the number of cards I've opened in the last two years. Not DTI or balances and my utilization is 4%, just plain and simple number of cards. VW, BMW and GM Financial never had an issue with it. So he advised me they had lined up alternate financing but either I would need to put $20k down (I put $10k down originally) or my monthly payment would balloon.

That sucks mate, sorry! I hope Diner's Club processes this quickly. I'd be biting my nails in anticipation for the reversed charge.

On another note, was the dealer financing 0%? If not, why not just try to get a loan through another lender - prime scores get <2.5% at the worst just about anywhere! 

Current cards: MSUFCU Platinum, Amex PRG, Amex Surpass, Amex BCE, Citi Prestige, Citi Double Cash, Citi Premier, US Bank Cash +, Huntington Voice, AAviator, Sallie Mae, Discover IT, Chase Freedom TU:753 EQ Enhanced: 758
Message 24 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good luck with the dispute!

Speaking of DC, it would be nice if they let you submit it online like Chase does. Had to file one recently for the latter and it was fairly painless (just had to talk to someone over the phone the day after I submitted it). Did you have to do anything for DC other than calling them, like fax/mail in paperwork?

Message 25 of 26
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Yeah their website is a bit, lacking (for lack of a better word). I just called the regular Customer Service number. One thing I've noticed with their CSR's is how stoic they are with any conversation. Maybe it's just the individuals in talking to but there is zero small talk. Not even "have a nice day" out of any of them.

ETA:  no paperwork yet, they advised me to expect a document in the mail within 7 days. 

Message 26 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.