Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Diners Club Elite Annual Fee waived

tag
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

Re: Diners Club Elite Annual Fee waived

My annual fee for my premier hasn't hit yet, they charged it on the 28th of Nov last year. 

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 11 of 21
12njoy
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@12njoy wrote:

I suppose  we need others who received the AF credit to come in on their usage.  Singing didn't get the AF credit on my premier, I assume it's usage dependent but I could be wrong.  

I have both cards and the Elite has more used... I ran around $10K on the Elite  and $8K on the Premier in one year. The Premier got a fee waived, but not the Elite.. 

I guess we'll never know the rationale behind the credits

(Formerly known as: Credit is my hobby (1.6M)/TCL objective)
___________ 12Njoy
FICO - EX 810; EQ 797; TU 804 I'm climbing back to 800+
Message 12 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Looking at your signature, you have $30K combined limits on your DC cards. How is it split between them? 

Message 13 of 21
12njoy
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Looking at your signature, you have $30K combined limits on your DC cards. How is it split between them? 

15k each

___________ 12Njoy
Message 14 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@12njoy wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

15k each

I'd be interested in finding out the credit profiles of those who didn't get AFs refunded but since only one of your cards got one, I'm not sure the refunds mean impending closures anymore.

Message 15 of 21
12njoy
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@12njoy wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

15k each

I'd be interested in finding out the credit profiles of those who didn't get AFs refunded but since only one of your cards got one, I'm not sure the refunds mean impending closures anymore.

I was thinking that it meant more usage = refund but a couple posted they had good usage.  I wonder if there are people who got refunded on both cards.

___________ 12Njoy
Message 16 of 21
12njoy
Super Contributor

I just had to call them.  I asked point blank are they closing my account.  CSR said no account looks fine. I pressed more and the CSR put me on hold for 5 minutes and came  back and stated that it's a processing error on their part.  She said that they are leaving it at that for this year.  Accounts that got the fee waived will not have to pay the AF for this year, but will have to next year.  There you have it, It's a processing error that may be linked to the October 30th date as someone had mentioned before.

___________ 12Njoy
Message 17 of 21
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@12njoy wrote:

I just had to call them.  I asked point blank are they closing my account.  CSR said no account looks fine. I pressed more and the CSR put me on hold for 5 minutes and came  back and stated that it's a processing error on their part.  She said that they are leaving it at that for this year.  Accounts that got the fee waived will not have to pay the AF for this year, but will have to next year.  There you have it, It's a processing error that may be linked to the October 30th date as someone had mentioned before.

So going forward, scrutinize the statements carefully!   This time, the error benefitted the card holders, next time payments may appear as charges....

Message 18 of 21
manyquestions
Established Contributor

@12njoy wrote:

She said that they are leaving it at that for this year.  Accounts that got the fee waived will not have to pay the AF for this year, but will have to next year. 

That's a nice holiday gift for those who got the refund.

Message 19 of 21
waiter
Regular Contributor

Both cards Premier and elite got billed the annual fees, 11/30/2015 and i was hoping i would get credit like everyone else  next billing statement BUT no... i did not get the fees waived. ;(.

Are there any other diners card holders who's annual fee's did not get waived?

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.