Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Diners Club MC

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Diners Club MC

What's the big deal about Diners Club cards? I don't see it often on these forums. just wondering what's special about it.

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

Re: Diners Club MC

Hidden TL, generous CLs, low-ish APR

No longer available for new applications
Message 2 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@lhcole77 wrote:

Thanks.

How come they no longer accept applications?

Message 3 of 22
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

I think we broke their computers last year
Message 4 of 22
baller4life
Super Contributor

Yup Myfico effect! Happens quite a bit. Smiley Very Happy
Message 5 of 22
taxi818
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@lhcole77 wrote:

Thanks.

Once fico members heard about 20-30k limits. some even 40k limits. the rush was on. Every one with 800 scores jumped in first to get theirs. Then the 700s scores that is . jumped in. Finally upper 600s got in on the party. By that time. They were overwhelmed with applications. since the card was not around in many years. Word spread fast. Being hidden. means no reporting on your credit report. No effect to your utilization. they even made the entire limit available in cash if you wanted it. But since have changed it. Im so glad i got in on it. It was a year ago. Im hoping it comes back so it can get the other card they offer. They have the premier and the elite.. I really want that elite. Smiley Very Happy Note. it was also a sole Tu puller as well. which at fico is mostly everyone's best score.

Message 6 of 22
mitchblue
Valued Contributor

@taxi818 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@lhcole77 wrote:

Thanks.

Once fico members heard about 20-30k limits. some even 40k limits. the rush was on. Every one with 800 scores jumped in first to get theirs. Then the 700s scores that is . jumped in. Finally upper 600s got in on the party. By that time. They were overwhelmed with applications. since the card was not around in many years. Word spread fast. Being hidden. means no reporting on your credit report. No effect to your utilization. they even made the entire limit available in cash if you wanted it. But since have changed it. Im so glad i got in on it. It was a year ago. Im hoping it comes back so it can get the other card they offer. They have the premier and the elite.. I really want that elite. Smiley Very Happy Note. it was also a sole Tu puller as well. which at fico is mostly everyone's best score.

Surprised I missed this.. I would have liked to get in on that.

FICO® 8 Scores 821 FICO® 9 Equifax 826 (Updated 02-7-23)
Message 7 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@baller4life wrote:
Yup Myfico effect! Happens quite a bit. Smiley Very Happy

Yes it does! You have to jump on an opportunity, if it fits your needs, when the iron is hot.

Message 8 of 22
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@lhcole77 wrote:

Exactly.  Not too mention transfer to travel/hotel partners, lounge access, no FTFs, etc. 

However, the BMO/Diners Club train has departed long ago (doubtful it will return for a long, long time - if at all).  So, for those of us who were able to get in with one or both of their cards was a great opportunity.

Message 9 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm hijacking my own thread.

Does anyone know why Diners Club has a mastercard when I thought it was on the discover network (diners club logo on the back of discover cards)? 

Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.