Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Diners Club Premeir, 10k shopping spree

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Diners Club Premeir, 10k shopping spree

@Membersince2013 wrote:

What do you do for a living? I'd like to switch career parts before it's too late lol...Preferably before i become 30 and miserable with life.

Also, sidenote that's totally unrelated....I've been eyeing the Diners Club Elite for about a week now. Someone mentioned it again in a thread i made yesterday and i decided to do so more research on it because i was willing to eat the AF for 1:1 transfer to SPG. Low and behold, i saw that the transfer ration between DC and SPG is no where close to 1:1..It's actually something like 1250 DC points for 750 SPG points. For a $300 AF card? No thanks.

But you earn 3:1 on certain purchases. Smiley Tongue

Message 11 of 22
Membersince2013
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Membersince2013 wrote:

What do you do for a living? I'd like to switch career parts before it's too late lol...Preferably before i become 30 and miserable with life.

Also, sidenote that's totally unrelated....I've been eyeing the Diners Club Elite for about a week now. Someone mentioned it again in a thread i made yesterday and i decided to do so more research on it because i was willing to eat the AF for 1:1 transfer to SPG. Low and behold, i saw that the transfer ration between DC and SPG is no where close to 1:1..It's actually something like 1250 DC points for 750 SPG points. For a $300 AF card? No thanks.

Yeah, i know. Hence i got so excited about the prospect of transferring all those points i've earned on certain purchases. 1250:750 makes it not worth my time in a sense. Unless if someone can do some good math..

Arrival+ | Barclaycard Rewards Mastercard | Citi Double Cash | CapOne QS (2) | Citi Diamond P | Freedom | Fidelity Amex | Amex Plat | Old Blue Cash | PRG | SPG | BCP | HHonors Surpass | Cap1 Venture | Discover | CSP | Cap1 Venture1 | BOA CR&TR (2) | Ritz Carlton | Southwest Rapid Rewards | Hyatt (2) | US Airways Mastercard (2) | Wells Fargo Rewards Visa | Marriott Premier (2) |

Fico Scores as of 2/21/15 - EX: total crap, TU: total crap, EQ: total crap
Message 12 of 22
NRB525
Super Contributor

@taxi818 wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@NRB525 wrote:

It never hurts to let the CCC know when large charges are on the way, especially if one doesn't have that history of spend yet.

And my opinion is it's not going to be a hidden line, just a delayed regular reporting to the CRA.

Time will tell!

And my opinion might be that it may end up being a hidden tradeline, such as their Professional Credit Card (non-charge) version.  For some, 3 statements have already generated.  The question is, would it "backdate" to the period of origination if assumably ends up being reported say 8-12 months from now?  Or, at that point in time?  Maybe not?

Time will tell!

+1. Unless some one has inside information. I must agree with fin. 3 months iand no report yet.  So I hope it stays hidden as well congrats op. 

During those three months, how many credit apps did they lose?

How many had difficulty getting even a reply letter for their PIN or denial confirmation?

How many different stories have we heard about "You can / cannot have multiple cards" "We don't have plastic" "We'll be back real soon now".

And what is the current status of the application page?

I think BMO Harris' task item "Send customers balance information to TU, EX, EQ" has simply not moved above "we'll get to it later".

True, time will tell, but that is where I have the advantage. Mine is the opinion which has the future positive possibility to be realised. All the opinions "It won't report" are hanging every month waiting for it to not report... or not not report. Smiley Tongue

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 13 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Membersince2013 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Membersince2013 wrote:

Yeah, i know. Hence i got so excited about the prospect to transferring all those points i've earned on certain purchases. 1250:750 makes it not worth my time in a sense. Unless if someone can do some good math..

Yes. Buy ice cream. Lots of it.

Message 14 of 22
dilettante
Established Contributor

@Membersince2013 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Membersince2013 wrote:

Yeah, i know. Hence i got so excited about the prospect of transferring all those points i've earned on certain purchases. 1250:750 makes it not worth my time in a sense. Unless if someone can do some good math..

Can't remember exactly where I read it but someone did an analysis and came up with the figure of $9000 spend in 3X categories to break even with the AF of the Elite card when considering transfers to SPG.  Most bloggers value the SPG points at 1.8 if spent on 3X categories and so it's definitely better and faster rate of earning SPG points.

I have no problem reaching $9K spend in groceries, gas, and drugstores, so it's a good fit for me.  Also, the true chip and pin, transfer partners with Alaska, good rate to transfer to Marriott (1250:1500), having Target categorized as grocery, and points transferred to SW counting toward Companion Pass makes the AF worth it to have this card to top off points to various reward programs.

Message 15 of 22
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

@dilettante wrote:

@Membersince2013 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Membersince2013 wrote:

Can't remember exactly where I read it but someone did an analysis and came up with the figure of $9000 spend in 3X categories to break even with the AF of the Elite card when considering transfers to SPG.  Most bloggers value the SPG points at 1.8 if spent on 3X categories and so it's definitely better and faster rate of earning SPG points.

I have no problem reaching $9K spend in groceries, gas, and drugstores, so it's a good fit for me.  Also, the true chip and pin, transfer partners with Alaska, good rate to transfer to Marriott (1250:1500), having Target categorized as grocery, and points transferred to SW counting toward Companion Pass makes the AF worth it to have this card to top off points to various reward programs.

I agree , I can put $9k in 3 months easy so the annual fee isn't a problem. I just wished I applied for the Elite first instead of the Premier to get the 3X

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 16 of 22
Membersince2013
Valued Contributor

Dilettante, thanks! Looks like I'll be getting that card and canceling the SPG card!

Next 2 cards I'll need till "forever and a half" are the Fidelity Amex (I thought I had it a couple of months ago too) and Diners Club Elite.
Arrival+ | Barclaycard Rewards Mastercard | Citi Double Cash | CapOne QS (2) | Citi Diamond P | Freedom | Fidelity Amex | Amex Plat | Old Blue Cash | PRG | SPG | BCP | HHonors Surpass | Cap1 Venture | Discover | CSP | Cap1 Venture1 | BOA CR&TR (2) | Ritz Carlton | Southwest Rapid Rewards | Hyatt (2) | US Airways Mastercard (2) | Wells Fargo Rewards Visa | Marriott Premier (2) |

Fico Scores as of 2/21/15 - EX: total crap, TU: total crap, EQ: total crap
Message 17 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Membersince2013 wrote:
Dilettante, thanks! Looks like I'll be getting that card and canceling the SPG card!

Next 2 cards I'll need till "forever and a half" are the Fidelity Amex (I thought I had it a couple of months ago too) and Diners Club Elite.

Just have to hope that they bring the applications back

Message 18 of 22
waiter
Regular Contributor

What good applications are, when they dont even have plastic to print cards.

I am waiting since 11/14 for my elite card... now they say they may get more plastic on 12/19. haaa

Message 19 of 22
Creditcurious74
Frequent Contributor

@waiter wrote:

What good applications are, when they dont even have plastic to print cards.

I am waiting since 11/14 for my elite card... now they say they may get more plastic on 12/19. haaa

I never heard a company that is out of plastic to generate a credit card.

Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.