cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Diners Club Premier Annual Fee waived.

tag
12njoy
Super Contributor

Re: Diners Club Premier Annual Fee waived.

Refunding AF fees across the board would be unprecedented IMO.  I hope it's not closure but something is up.  Only time will tell. I suppose that if you're already into the 13th month of membership then they would have likely prorated the AF and closed the account so since this didn't happen that's a good sign that it's probably not closure. 

(Formerly known as: Credit is my hobby/TCL objective)
___________ 12Njoy
FICO - EX 810; EQ 797; TU 804 I'm climbing back to 800+
Message 51 of 178
Anonymous
Not applicable

@12njoy wrote:

Refunding AF fees across the board would be unprecedented IMO.  I hope it's not closure but something is up.  Only time will tell. I suppose that if you're already into the 13th month of membership then they would have likely prorated the AF and closed the account so since this didn't happen that's a good sign that it's probably not closure. 

I think they refunded the entire AF when they were closing cards last year but I could be mistaken.

Message 52 of 178
12njoy
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@12njoy wrote:

I think they refunded the entire AF when they were closing cards last year but I could be mistaken.

We'll soon find out.  Doubtful they're just being generous thou6

___________ 12Njoy
Message 53 of 178
baller4life
Super Contributor

Well if they do close it, I'll be sad. But not alot of sad lol. Cards come and go. Life moves on. C'est la vie. 😉
Message 54 of 178
odd_dog
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@12njoy wrote:

Interesting, not sure but wouldn't they close the account then refund AF? Seems strange to credit and keep the account open if they were closing it down, although this whole thing seems strange anyway......

Message 55 of 178
manyquestions
Established Contributor

If it is not a glitch and they are doing it because they plan to close all the Premier cards they may be waiting for all the issued cards to pass 12 months before they shut the card down, but then there are people who didn't get refunds and why would't BMO be doing the same thing with the Elite cardholders so thats making me think it leans more towards glitch. 

Message 56 of 178
Anonymous
Not applicable

@manyquestions wrote:

If it is not a glitch and they are doing it because they plan to close all the Premier cards they may be waiting for all the issued cards to pass 12 months before they shut the card down, but then there are people who didn't get refunds and why would't BMO be doing the same thing with the Elite cardholders so thats making me think it leans more towards glitch. 

If they are planning on closing accounts, it's likely not going to be all of them--just the ones they feel are a credit risk. Though it is weird that we've heard a lot more about 10/30 accounts getting credits than the 9/30 ones.

Message 57 of 178
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

I'd miss it if they did close it, but what are ya gonna do...
Better transfer my points just in case😑
NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 58 of 178
12njoy
Super Contributor

@woodyman100 wrote:
I'd miss it if they did close it, but what are ya gonna do...
Better transfer my points just in case😑

Good call just in case

___________ 12Njoy
Message 59 of 178
baller4life
Super Contributor

I just transferred my points to IHG. Better safe than sorry.
Message 60 of 178
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.