cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Diners Club Premier Annual Fee waived.

tag
manyquestions
Established Contributor

Re: Diners Club Premier Annual Fee waived.

@odd_dog wrote:

just on this post it does not seem consistent that everyone is getting the AF credited....some posters have said they did not get a credit....that is what makes me think this is some computer glitch....I am almost temped to call in and find out......

Smiley Happy Then they will respond, "Thanks for pointing that out, we'll get the annual fee back on your account right away."   Isn't this about the date when they closed applications last year? This might be the first step of shutting it all down. 

Message 21 of 178
12njoy
Super Contributor

@woodyman100 wrote:
I was billed and I've already paid my $95.
No credit for me .....yet.......

In the same boat as you.  As soon as fee posted, I paid it.  I did call and see if they could waive Elite fee and was told NO that's the price of having the card and benefits. 

(Formerly known as: Credit is my hobby (1.6M)/TCL objective)
___________ 12Njoy
FICO - EX 810; EQ 797; TU 804 I'm climbing back to 800+
Message 22 of 178
Anonymous
Not applicable

For me:

$95 AF posted on 9/30 (very last transaction on that statement)

PIF on 10/3

Didn't get credit for AF (yet?)

I only put through $150-200 a month on average though; does that have something to do with it?

Message 23 of 178
Anonymous
Not applicable

You guys ever seen a 4 year old throw a temper tantrum? Lol. Wow, that is AWESOME! Wish I would have been here last year to get in on diners. Hopefully they start taking apps next year.

Message 24 of 178
waynes1982
Frequent Contributor

Mine got charged 10/30 and waived 10/30.  I did notice on my my statements that there was no notice of the fee coming due, so maybe they had to waive it beacuse they failed to notify customers.  I think it's a law that they have to warn their customers about the fee prior to charging it.

Gardening since 06/01/2016

Message 25 of 178
Anonymous
Not applicable

@waynes1982 wrote:

Mine got charged 10/30 and waived 10/30.  I did notice on my my statements that there was no notice of the fee coming due, so maybe they had to waive it beacuse they failed to notify customers.  I think it's a law that they have to warn their customers about the fee prior to charging it.

I wasn't notified either that I remember.

Message 26 of 178
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Actually, I've seen plenty of adults throw temper tantrums which is pretty sad to witness...(some here on these forums Smiley Very Happy) so I guess if the shoe fits Smiley Tongue

It's doubtful the AF reimbursements (for some folks) signal any departure from the current Diners portfolio but from a LLR and portofilo performance perspective there is no doubt they are continually reviewing active accounts to cuddle the herd.  However, I wouldn't hold my breath on BMO opening up applications in the near horizon.

Message 27 of 178
12njoy
Super Contributor

@waynes1982 wrote:

Nope that's not it.  I just scoured my two statements on my two diners accounts.  No mention of the AF and no credit.  I was excited for a minute.

(Formerly known as: Credit is my hobby (1.6M)/TCL objective)
___________ 12Njoy
FICO - EX 810; EQ 797; TU 804 I'm climbing back to 800+
Message 28 of 178
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FinStar wrote:

However, I wouldn't hold my breath on BMO opening up applications in the near horizon.

:-(

Message 29 of 178
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

My AF hit on 9/30/15, no refund as of today.
Message 30 of 178
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.