Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Diners Club Reporting

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Diners Club Reporting

I've read many sources that say that Diners Club doesn't report to CRA's... can anyone confirm or deny that??

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
RBFool
Contributor

Re: Diners Club Reporting

@Anonymous wrote:

I've read many sources that say that Diners Club doesn't report to CRA's... can anyone confirm or deny that??

Could just be me... But when it comes to things that affect my financial well being I tend to ask the people doing the affecting... Call and ask them? Even if we "know" it could of changed.

BK 7 Dismissed: 5/2014 AAoA: 6 years Credit Scores (07-02-2015): My Privacy Matters: TU: 633 EX:658 EQ: 651
How to add pics to Signature

Message 2 of 19
L-TWT
Established Contributor

@RBFool wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Could just be me... But when it comes to things that affect my financial well being I tend to ask the people doing the affecting... Call and ask them? Even if we "know" it could of changed.

+1

Message 3 of 19
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@L-TWT wrote:

@RBFool wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

+1

Which assumes that you get a CSR that a) understands the question, b) knows the answer, and c) gets it right

Depending on the lender, getting all of that is quite unlikely.  Maybe DC is much better at this.

Message 4 of 19
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Time will tell.  It's all pure speculation at this point.  I agree with LTL, I don't know how many CSR's would understand the question about the card reporting or not.

Message 5 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, thank you. 

I was simply asking if anyone had any evidence FOR SURE.

Asking a CSR, especially a front line, I'll get three different answers. 

Message 6 of 19
youdontkillmoney
Valued Contributor

I've had Diners Club Carte Blanche (professional card) since before they were Mastercard, and still have it as a MasterCard branded card by BMO Harris Bank and it does not show up on either TransUnion, Experian or Equifax; however, BMO Harris is listed as having pulled my file to review from time to time.

Message 7 of 19
MJ-san
Frequent Contributor

My Diners Club currently is a hidden TL - both the card and revolving club plus. This is a "Professional" card, so I believe they are treating it as a business card.

Previously when it was a Citi-owned account, they did report both the balance (with the revolving portion if any). 

When BMO converted from Citi and imposed a hard limit (vs. the NPSL previously) back in 2012, I got a letter with credit score that they pulled TU.

Message 8 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I gues I will call since this thread has been dead since 9/30/14

Message 9 of 19
baller4life
Super Contributor

Lending dept mgr says 60 days it will start reporting.

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.