Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Diners Club Update

tag
taxi818
Super Contributor

Re: Diners Club Update

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

You might have noticed that they have taken down that explaination banner which is been on their site. What it indicates is anyone's guess at this point.

Wow. You guys very observant. Uh ooh. Maybe no elite then. Smiley Sad   Now I'm understanding the points. To miles. Wow I hope it comes back. And no flood gate from my fico heavy hitters. 

Message 21 of 28
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

You might have noticed that they have taken down that explaination banner which is been on their site. What it indicates is anyone's guess at this point.

Correct - the "splash" banner was removed right before Christmas.  One possible notion that the Diners consumer card train may have departed.  If the January timeframe (or earliest February) does not bring up the option to apply, then that's a sign.

Message 22 of 28
taxi818
Super Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

Correct - the "splash" banner was removed right before Christmas.  One possible notion that the Diners consumer card train may have departed.  If the January timeframe (or earliest February) does not bring up the option to apply, then that's a sign.

I wonder about cli then.  I did notice 1-1 points to miles on delta. That's why I want elite. It's all such a mystery with diners. Geez. But I do love my card. My friend saw it and said. Where did you get that dinosaur from. I just laughed. Smiley Happy 

Message 23 of 28
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@taxi818 wrote:

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

Wow. You guys very observant. Uh ooh. Maybe no elite then. Smiley Sad   Now I'm understanding the points. To miles. Wow I hope it comes back. And no flood gate from my fico heavy hitters. 

Well, on the upside, you were able to obtain (1) of their cards.  Would you really require a 2nd one if your spend doesn't justify the AF?  More or less, when these kinds of offers or opportunities present themselves, it's best to evaluate quickly your overall credit situation to determine which (if any) product makes sense, otherwise you risk the option of the product being phased our or the offer disappearing.

Message 24 of 28
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@taxi818 wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

I wonder about cli then.  I did notice 1-1 points to miles on delta. That's why I want elite. It's all such a mystery with diners. Geez. But I do love my card. My friend saw it and said. Where did you get that dinosaur from. I just laughed. Smiley Happy 

I believe CLIs will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis and with a HP.  Diners is not a "softie" from folks' experiences and YEMV.

Message 25 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FinStar wrote:

@taxi818 wrote:

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

Well, on the upside, you were able to obtain (1) of their cards.  Would you really require a 2nd one if your spend doesn't justify the AF?  More or less, when these kinds of offers or opportunities present themselves, it's best to evaluate quickly your overall credit situation to determine which (if any) product makes sense, otherwise you risk the option of the product being phased our or the offer disappearing.

Yeah, 1 is better than none.

No trending for me. Smiley Tongue

Message 26 of 28
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@taxi818 wrote:

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

Yeah, that was a bummer that you didn't get it!  At least you tried.  Maybe you'll get Palladium with your PB?  wink wink

Message 27 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FinStar wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@taxi818 wrote:

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

Yeah, that was a bummer that you didn't get it!  At least you tried.  Maybe you'll get Palladium with your PB?  wink wink

Haha, I'm good with the Ritz right now.

I may try for the Palladium if I'm all of a sudden very flush with cash.

Message 28 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.