Did you mean: 

Diners Club card is back

tag
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Diner's Club card is back

@Ron1 wrote:

@B335is wrote:

Wow that was the quickest approval ever.  Computer paused for like 6 seconds.  No limit given.

Congrats!!!! Which card did you apply? They don't report to CRA like BML.

Ron.

Seriously??  I app'd for the Premier.  I can't justify $300 AF.

Message 51 of 117
Ron1
Super Contributor

@B335is wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

@B335is wrote:

Wow that was the quickest approval ever.  Computer paused for like 6 seconds.  No limit given.

Ron.

I only got $95 Diners Club. I didn't apply for Carte Blanche. I didn't find any use for Carte Blanche. $300 may not a little bit too much for the Diners Club. $95 AF is enough for me. They don't report unless you cannot pay. It doesn't help your credit history. I rarely used my card. It doesn't have extra bonus.

Ron.

Message 52 of 117
red259
Super Contributor

@Ron1 wrote:

@B335is wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

@B335is wrote:

Ron.

I only got $95 Diners Club. I didn't apply for Carte Blanche. I didn't find any use for Carte Blanche. $300 may not a little bit too much for the Diners Club. $95 AF is enough for me. They don't report unless you cannot pay. It doesn't help your credit history. I rarely used my card. It doesn't have extra bonus.

Ron.

Just to clarify the carte blanche is a business card which is why it is not reporting. The personal cards would almost certainly have to report. Just didn't want people to get confused. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 53 of 117
Ron1
Super Contributor

@red259 wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

@B335is wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

@B335is wrote:

Ron.

Ron.

Just to clarify the carte blanche is a business card which is why it is not reporting. The personal cards certainly would report. Just dind't want people to get confused. 

Diners Club personal cards do not report to any CRA. It is a hidden TL. My Diners Club personal card Does NOT report. I want to make it clear here.

Ron.

Message 54 of 117
red259
Super Contributor

@Ron1 wrote:

@red259 wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

@B335is wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

@B335is wrote:

Ron.

Ron.

Just to clarify the carte blanche is a business card which is why it is not reporting. The personal cards certainly would report. Just dind't want people to get confused. 

Diners Club personal cards do not report to any CRA. It is a hidden TL.

Ron.

I understand that was true for old diners club cards, but do you have the new cards they just issued? Has BMO issued Diners club cards in the past or did they just buy the current card holders but not issue new cards subsequent to the purchase? 

;
Message 55 of 117
carlosjgg
Contributor

@HiLine wrote:

To clear up the confusion, here is a simple explanation:

Think of Diners' Club like American Express. Credit card-wise, they are 2 businesses merged together: the payment network, and the issuing bank. This list here shows the cards that use the Amex payment network but are not issued by Amex as a bank: http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/List-of-Amex-credit-cards-that-are-not-actually-issued-...

Discover is another example: the Walmart Discover card is processed on Discover's payment network but is not issued by Discover.

So Diners' Club is(was) also 2 entities merged together. The payment network business has been bought by Discover, but the issuing bank business is lone standing. This Diners' Club card was issued by the issuing bank business and has nothing to do with the payment network business; the card uses the Mastercard payment network.

it is a little more complicated that that discover bought the network and all the credicard portfolio but the u.s.a part, the dinersclub cards outside the u.s.a are issued by discover and they use the dinersclub network. in other words dinersclub do not exist anymore just the name. like when united and continental merge for a while may planes had the continental name but continental did no exist anymore same here but discover is not going to change that name because outside the u.s. discover is a nobody and diners club is a brand name discover is taking advantage of the name but the company is discover financial cervices

Chase sp 5k c---------------------------Care credit 4500 cl
Chase mileageplus explorer 5k ---Citi diamond p 2k
Chase mileageplus club 15k ------ Discover it 1.5k
Amex ed 5k -----------------------------Lowe's 10k-----Dinersclub mc 5k
Amex gold npsl plus a 35k cl--------BestBuy 2.1k--Kay's 5k
Sam's mc 4.5k --------------------------Jared 6k
Message 56 of 117
Ron1
Super Contributor

@red259 wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

@red259 wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

@B335is wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

@B335is wrote:

Ron.

Ron.

Ron.

I understand that was true for old diners club cards, but do you have the new cards they just issued? Has BMO issued Diners club cards in the past or did they just buy the current card holders but not issue new cards subsequent to the purchase? 

Yes, my Diners Club MC is issued by BMO. They just renewed my card in May. They (BMO) took over Diners Club three years ago. They sent me a letter about the changes. They haven't reported since they took over. As of today, I didn't see any Diners Club reporting. 

Ron.

Message 57 of 117
red259
Super Contributor

@Ron1 wrote:

@red259 wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

@red259 wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

@B335is wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

@B335is wrote:

Ron.

Ron.

Ron.

Yes, my Diners Club MC is issued by BMO. They just renewed my card in May. They (BMO) took over Diners Club three years ago. They sent me a letter about the changes. They haven't reported since they took over. As of today, I didn't see any Diners Club reporting. 

Ron.

It will be interesting to see if this holds true for new accounts. 

;
Message 58 of 117
sandman2435
Established Contributor

@red259 wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

@red259 wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

@red259 wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

@B335is wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

@B335is wrote:

Ron.

Ron.

Ron.

Ron.

It will be interesting to see if this holds true for new accounts. 

I just called to see what my limit was and they told me I have to wait intill the card comes in the mail.I just got an alert from TU,That my report was pulled from BMO Harris back,They are NOT inq sensitive,and they do give out big limits as I got their world mastercard with $15K and their business mastercard with a $25K limit

Message 59 of 117
Ron1
Super Contributor

I just called them they told me I have Professional Card. It is a charge card. The consumer cards is a credit card. They cannot convert my card to new Diners Club Consumer cards. Smiley Sad

Ron.

Message 60 of 117
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.