Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Diners Club card is back

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Diners Club card is back

@iwazl71 wrote:

I'm a little disappointed with my CL.  I also applied last night for the premier card at was only given a 30k starting limit.  No where close to my highest limit, in fact it will be only the 5th highest.  My TU score is 782, 1 Inq, with 455k CL and 1% Util.

Wow! Congrats on your total CL of 455CL. Now that you have th DC added to your list, may I ask - how long did it take you to reach the 1/2 million CL? Amazing! Smiley Very Happy

Do you keep applying until you hit a billion in CLs?

Message 81 of 117
iwazl71
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@iwazl71 wrote:

I'm a little disappointed with my CL.  I also applied last night for the premier card at was only given a 30k starting limit.  No where close to my highest limit, in fact it will be only the 5th highest.  My TU score is 782, 1 Inq, with 455k CL and 1% Util.

Wow! Congrats on your total CL of 455CL. Now that you have th DC added to your list, may I ask - how long did it take you to reach the 1/2 million paoint? Amazing! Smiley Very Happy

Do you keep applying until you hit a billion in CLs?

Thanks.  It really did not take too long.  I started focusing on it about 18 months ago.  I had decent credit but never paid too much attention to it until I ran into this board and got addicted.

Scores: EQ 796, EX 790, TU 807
Personal and Business Cards: 31 with 763k
High Limit Cards: CSP 50k | BoA Cash 81k | NFCU flagship 60k | Penfed Rewards 50k | Aviator Silver 52k
Message 82 of 117
Anonymous
Not applicable

Interesting thread. My first Diners Club Card was a charge card issued in 1973 and it carried distinction. The challenge was finding shops that would take it. Exclusivity was the name of the game. Felt important. A MasterCard... unheard of. But then Diners Club was it's own network worldwide and they almost died out.
Message 83 of 117
Anonymous
Not applicable

What do you buy with all that credit?  Seems obsessive don't you think? Smiley LOL

Message 84 of 117
Involver
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

What do you buy with all that credit?  Seems obsessive don't you think? Smiley LOL

some people might call it obsessive, others might say it's a hobby?  i don't know, i look at credit as a game now, and high credit lines are simply a means to minimize util even if you have to hold onto some debt for a while (at least for me).  i could sit on a 15k credit statement and my util would be less than 10%.  a year ago at this time that would have exceeded all of my total credit lines by 1000%.

Message 85 of 117
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

@red259 wrote:

@cheon1 wrote:

Amex keeps saying i have to much available credit  on the other hand chase will give me all i want.

My ex score is only 757 maybe they don't like that?

757 is a solid score so I don't think that's it. This seems like the perfect example of the problem of having too much open credit. Lenders start using it as a reason to deny. I would get frustrated with those types of amex limits. If a lender doesn't give me at least 5k I find it very difficult to heavily utilize the card. My SPG card is at 2k and it was a royal pain to make the initial spend, because I had to keep making payments to free up credit. If the limit does not increase then they may lose my business all together, which would be a shame. 

Possibly.  Or the Premier has a max starting CL, or it's given as a percentage of annual income.  The Elite might have a higher limit criteria too, who knows.

Message 86 of 117
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Like "addiction" or "political correctness" the dividing line is often "someone who does it [much] more than me"   To the wider world, reading a forum on credit cards is pretty obsessive, after all,  just get a credit card, use it and pay what's required.  What's there to discuss!

Message 87 of 117
iwazl71
Frequent Contributor

@B335is wrote:

@red259 wrote:

@cheon1 wrote:

Amex keeps saying i have to much available credit  on the other hand chase will give me all i want.

My ex score is only 757 maybe they don't like that?

757 is a solid score so I don't think that's it. This seems like the perfect example of the problem of having too much open credit. Lenders start using it as a reason to deny. I would get frustrated with those types of amex limits. If a lender doesn't give me at least 5k I find it very difficult to heavily utilize the card. My SPG card is at 2k and it was a royal pain to make the initial spend, because I had to keep making payments to free up credit. If the limit does not increase then they may lose my business all together, which would be a shame. 

Possibly.  Or the Premier has a max starting CL, or it's given as a percentage of annual income.  The Elite might have a higher limit criteria too, who knows.

Now, that poses an interesting question.  For those that received the 40k starting limits, were they the Elite version?

Scores: EQ 796, EX 790, TU 807
Personal and Business Cards: 31 with 763k
High Limit Cards: CSP 50k | BoA Cash 81k | NFCU flagship 60k | Penfed Rewards 50k | Aviator Silver 52k
Message 88 of 117
sandman2435
Established Contributor

@Sooners2013 wrote:

Please share your stats. Scores, inquiries, utilization and income????

800 TU 778 EX 780 EQ, tons of Inq lol,  Less than 1% utilization , $160K income

Message 89 of 117
cheon1
Valued Member

Premier

Sdfcu EMV Visa Platinum $25,000 |Tobbyhanna Visa $15,000 | Discover $3,500 | Psecu Visa $20,000 | Amex Delta $6,500 | Lowes $15,000 | Occu Duck Visa $7,500 | Amex Platinum NPSL | | Chase CSP $20,000 | Chase Southwest Premier $ 12,000 | Citi Double Cash $6,500 | Citi World MC $ 10,400 | Capital One GM Elite Mastercard $7,500 | Boa $12,500 | Chase United Explorer $ 5,000 | PayPal MC $6,000 | Boa Cash Rewards $5,000 | Amex SPG: $3,000 | Chase Marriott Rewards Premier $9,200 | Diners Club Premier $40,000 | Diners Club Elite $40,000 | Barclaycard Arrival+ $13,000 | BOA Royal Caribbean Visa Signature $ 5,000 | Ritz Carlton Visa $10,000 | Amex Everyday $4,500 | Barclays US Airways $4,000 | Citi Prestige $7,000 PenFed - AMEX Travel Rewards $18,00 | PenFed Promise$18,000 Citi ThankYou Premier $4,500
Message 90 of 117
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.