Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Diners Club card still not reporting

tag
thom02099
Valued Contributor

Re: Diners Club card still not reporting

@Anonymous wrote:

I have the Discover It card and, correct me if I'm wrong, believe they are an affiliate of Diner's Club. I know Discover would be my easiest card to use internationally due to that fact. HOWEVER - My Discover card takes FOREVER to report on anything. Months. Which can be problematic, especially given it is now paid off and touting an 11.7k CL that I would love to have show up as fully available on my CR. (I'm closing soon on a mortgage). So I guess...I feel your pain? I mean 6 months is QUITE lengthy for it to still not be reporting...There wasn't a mishap with your name or anything of that sort, so that it woulnd't report correctly to your CR? I go through this ALL THE TIME with a last name like "St.Martin". No period? No space? Underscore? You name it - it's been done. 

No.  In the USA, they are completely different entities, no affiliation.  History?  Yes.  Current connection? No.

History of Diners Club

Message 11 of 34
fedxboy
Established Contributor

Well, I think it's amazing that they aren't reporting after all this time or 6 months even, since you can literally hide all your debt by transferring it all to this card -- lolololol

Oh well, I don't have one, since I didn't jump on the bandwagon

(7/23/16) AMEX FICO EX 728, (6/20/16) Discover FICO TU 747, (7/24/16) Barclays FICO 750 (TC Lines $400+K) AAoA= 4.3 yrs
Message 12 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

"hello, diners? Hi I was wondering when you guys will..." *reads forum replies* "will.... Ummm.... When will you guys send me the statement? Oh, it's on its way? Okay thanks! Blah blah blah something French, bye!" 😁

Anyway, I like the fact that it doesn't report, I'd like it if 5k (my highest limit so far) show up on my report, but I don't wanna spook barclay, since they are like crazy jealous ex "I will be your last!" especially those with less than stellar credit. Diners will be my secret child locked in the basement that no other credit card companies knows about 😁
Message 13 of 34
baller4life
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
"hello, diners? Hi I was wondering when you guys will..." *reads forum replies* "will.... Ummm.... When will you guys send me the statement? Oh, it's on its way? Okay thanks! Blah blah blah something French, bye!" 😁

Anyway, I like the fact that it doesn't report, I'd like it if 5k (my highest limit so far) show up on my report, but I don't wanna spook barclay, since they are like crazy jealous ex "I will be your last!" especially those with less than stellar credit. Diners will be my secret child locked in the basement that no other credit card companies knows about 😁

Smiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy

Message 14 of 34
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@elim wrote:

@waynes1982 wrote:

So I've had the Diners Club card since they opened up the apps back in Sept/October, and I've used the card, paid in full each statement, and the card still hasn't reported as of yet.  

Has anyone's card reported?  I don't mind the hidden trade line, but the $20,000 limit would look really nice on my credit report. Smiley Happy 

i wish none of mine reported, lol

Fine to say NOW. Smiley Tongue

But some of us newbs need to show history, and generate a better score. Smiley Wink

Signature needs updating
Message 15 of 34
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Whatever you do, don't call Diners Club and ask when it is going to report! I will be so miffed if they end up reporting DC tradelines because cardholders keep calling and asking them when they'll report. Many of us truly value hidden tradelines, especially hidden personal tradelines, if this card starts reporting I am not sure I would keep it for very long. 

I will personally hunt down anyone that calls them and asks for them to start reporting and make them suffer intense and long lasting pain.

Just kidding sorta.  

CL's are allowed to administer pain?  Thanks. Smiley Wink

Signature needs updating
Message 16 of 34
thom02099
Valued Contributor

@fedxboy wrote:

Well, I think it's amazing that they aren't reporting after all this time or 6 months even, since you can literally hide all your debt by transferring it all to this card -- lolololol

Oh well, I don't have one, since I didn't jump on the bandwagon

Not Diners Club USA.  There is no means of transferring a balance TO my Diners Club Premier card.  Diners Club International (a different card set) does allow, but it's not available in the USA. 

Message 17 of 34
taxi818
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I have the Discover It card and, correct me if I'm wrong, believe they are an affiliate of Diner's Club. I know Discover would be my easiest card to use internationally due to that fact. HOWEVER - My Discover card takes FOREVER to report on anything. Months. Which can be problematic, especially given it is now paid off and touting an 11.7k CL that I would love to have show up as fully available on my CR. (I'm closing soon on a mortgage). So I guess...I feel your pain? I mean 6 months is QUITE lengthy for it to still not be reporting...There wasn't a mishap with your name or anything of that sort, so that it woulnd't report correctly to your CR? I go through this ALL THE TIME with a last name like "St.Martin". No period? No space? Underscore? You name it - it's been done. 

No. This is not same as what op is talking about. Yes discover bought out diners. International brand. And tere is logo on back that says diners club. Which means you can use it overseas wherever diners club is accepted. However. The dinersclub op is talking about. Is from the rights for the card to be called diners club. Which the card has no connection to discover. North American rights belong to bmo Harris. And it's a mastercard. Yes. Their professional cards. We're hidden. And no doubt tat fibers premier and elite also hidden. What 5 months now. Outstanding is all I can say. If you want 20k to report. Go to credit Union and get a card Smiley Happy 

Message 18 of 34
taxi818
Super Contributor

+1 in response to Irish80s remark. Smiley Happy 

Message 19 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not sure what will happen really. There's rumors now that they're going to eventually lock all of the cards for review and possible closure. I really hope that's not true. Cat Sad

Message 20 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.