Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Diners Club still frozen after 5 weeks

tag
IWOL
Established Contributor

Diners Club still frozen after 5 weeks

Just wanted to give an update on my Diners card.

As per my previous posts my card was locked around 11/1 and is still currently under review.

I called them again on Monday to see if I could find out what the @#$% is going on.

They gave me a direct number to the security dept. Called them up and the person I spoke to said that my account is still under review and that is all he can tell. He  apologized for the long delay and agreed to waive the $300 annual fee and said I should here form them very soon.

I had earned 29,650 points on my first statement and I was able to transfer all my points to SPG and I see that they posted today. Im somewhat surprised that I was able to transfer points while the account is locked.

Hoping they get back to me soon, I would really like to start using the card again.

Will update again, once I get a response.

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

Re: Diners Club still frozen after 5 weeks

Well, at least you got the annual fee waived. It's unfortunate this is taking so long, though.

Message 2 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

5 days, maybe.... but 5 weeks! HOLY MOLY. I would just pay off the existing balance (if any) and move onto another card. Seems like they don't want your business. If someone closes my account for more than a few days, our relationship is over, and I would either close the account or put it in the sock drore. 

Message 3 of 22
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

What happened to have them lock your account?

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 4 of 22
Billybob_TX
Frequent Contributor

@ojefferyo wrote:

I think it was a stripper and booze fest in Vegas...Smiley LOL

Message 5 of 22
IWOL
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

5 days, maybe.... but 5 weeks! HOLY MOLY. I would just pay off the existing balance (if any) and move onto another card. Seems like they don't want your business. If someone closes my account for more than a few days, our relationship is over, and I would either close the account or put it in the sock drore. 

My card has a 0 balance already. I dont want to close the card because its a great card for earning points in the 3x categories.

If and when my card is reactivated I dont think that this will be an ongoing problem.

Message 6 of 22
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Billybob_TX wrote:

@ojefferyo wrote:

I think it was a stripper and booze fest in Vegas...Smiley LOL

Dang canadians don't know how to have fun!

Message 7 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@IWOL wrote:

Just wanted to give an update on my Diners card.

As per my previous posts my card was locked around 11/1 and is still currently under review.

@I called them again on Monday to see if I could find out what the @#$% is going on.

They gave me a direct number to the security dept. Called them up and the person I spoke to said that my account is still under review and that is all he can tell. He  apologized for the long delay and agreed to waive the $300 annual fee and said I should here form them very soon.

I had earned 29,650 points on my first statement and I was able to transfer all my points to SPG and I see that they posted today. Im somewhat surprised that I was able to transfer points while the account is locked.

Hoping they get back to me soon, I would really like to start using the card again.

Will update again, once I get a response.

Sorry to hear that. But seriously, Diners need to get their act together.  It makes me wonder if their operations are run from a tent.  Very disorganized.

Message 8 of 22
IWOL
Established Contributor

@ojefferyo wrote:

Im not sure if it was high spend amount in the first month of having the card (around $11K) or multiple charges at grocery and drug stores.

Of the $11K spend around $9K was in 3X categories.

Balance was paid off to 0 already.

Message 9 of 22
Luscher
Valued Contributor

I guess just use your other cards that you have while you wait. Luckily you have some very good cards in your sig.
CHASE FREEDOM | AMEX BCE | | BOFA REWARDS | CITI TYP | Quicksilver | DISCOVER IT | Sallie Mae | CHASE CSP
--------$32,000-------------$30,000-----------$30,000-----------$30,000-----$13,000---------$18,200----------$15,000---------$6,500----

FICO - TU: 780 EX: 784 EQ: 781
Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.