Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Diners Club

tag
Tg123
Regular Contributor

Diners Club

I just got a diners corporate card. Will this have any implications with my credit file?
Forward, Zync, Freedom, BofA Cash Rewards

Current Score: 738 BOA Experian (5/29/2012)

GOAL: 800s
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
swpopham
Established Contributor

Re: Diners Club

No
"As long as the music is playing, you've got to get up and dance," he said. "We're still dancing."---Prince CEO Citi Bank

"Money isn't the most important thing in life, but it's reasonably close to oxygen on the "gotta have it" scale". ~Zig Ziglar
Message 2 of 15
Tg123
Regular Contributor

@swpopham wrote:
No
Thanks do you know if their internal limit works similar to an Amex charge card?

Message 3 of 15
swpopham
Established Contributor

The company usually sets limits, unless its your own company like mine and my wife, I called and they said keep it under $1000 charges and 5500 for the first few. So yes about the same as Amex and chase
"As long as the music is playing, you've got to get up and dance," he said. "We're still dancing."---Prince CEO Citi Bank

"Money isn't the most important thing in life, but it's reasonably close to oxygen on the "gotta have it" scale". ~Zig Ziglar
Message 4 of 15
Scene
Regular Contributor

I am surprised they still issue those cards to Americans. I thought Diner's Club was a defunct network/card brand in the United States?

Message 5 of 15
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

@Scene wrote:

I am surprised they still issue those cards to Americans. I thought Diner's Club was a defunct network/card brand in the United States?

Sort of/Kind of. The Diners Club cards issued now have MasterCard or Discover logos on them. Citi owned them and just recently sold them to Bank of Montreal.

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 6 of 15
Tg123
Regular Contributor

I have no limit on mine. I asked and they said its based in spending habits

@swpopham wrote:
The company usually sets limits, unless its your own company like mine and my wife, I called and they said keep it under $1000 charges and 5500 for the first few. So yes about the same as Amex and chase

Message 7 of 15
marty56
Super Contributor

If you got it through work, it may not show up on your CR at all. 

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 8 of 15
Tg123
Regular Contributor

@marty56 wrote:

If you got it through work, it may not show up on your CR at all. 

Yeah the card was sent to the office and I didn't even apply my work did.

Message 9 of 15
swpopham
Established Contributor

Its the op's own company it sounds like. My wife and I own our corporation

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.