cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Diners Club???

New Contributor

Diners Club???

Why doesn't anyone mention Diners Club in this forum? What's the opinion out there?

Current: 12/6/12 708 Exp Fico
Goal Score: 740then Garden
7 REPLIES
Valued Contributor

Re: Diners Club???


Aspireto850 wrote:
Why doesn't anyone mention Diners Club in this forum? What's the opinion out there?

That still a thing? Smiley Tongue

 

I think discover bought them out to expand their acceptance overseas.

 

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    


     $17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Valued Contributor

Re: Diners Club???


Dustink wrote:

I think discover bought them out to expand their acceptance overseas.


Discover only bought its network so that it can expand Discover international acceptance. Discover does not have issuing rights of Diners Club.

Valued Contributor

Re: Diners Club???


trumpet-205 wrote:

Dustink wrote:

I think discover bought them out to expand their acceptance overseas.


Discover only bought its network so that it can expand Discover international acceptance. Discover does not have issuing rights of Diners Club.


Exactly

 

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    


     $17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Established Contributor

Re: Diners Club???

Diners club has been on the downcline for many years here in the States. It is more widely accepted/used/promoted overseas and carried primarily by business persons.

Starting scores 01/02/2012 EQ 707(Fico) TU 733(Fico)XP 735 (FAKO)
Updated scores 05/01/17 EQ 824, TU 812 EXP 810 (all Fico scores) Remember the Three P's: Pay early in Full, Pay on Time, Patience
Valued Contributor

Re: Diners Club???


bettercreditguy1 wrote:

Diners club has been on the downcline for many years here in the States. It is more widely accepted/used/promoted overseas and carried primarily by business persons.


+1

 

Diner's club is more for corporations than personal use these days.

 

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Established Contributor

Re: Diners Club???


maiden_girl wrote:
Diner's club is more for corporations than personal use these days.

 


However, that may be about to change.  Judging by this article, they may have a rebranding in the works that would be accompanied by a push back into personal cards.

 

http://www.mediapost.com/publications/article/186100/if-you-play-your-cards-right.html

Starting: EQ 622 (myFICO 7/7/12), EX 696 (TU FAKO 8/14/12), TU 621 (CK TransRisk 7/24/12), Total CL $1k on 2 TLs
Current: EQ 709 (CCT 2/4/15), EX 704 (CCT 2/4/15) , TU 702 (CCT 2/4/15), Total CL $110.3k on 14 TLs Goal: 740+ x3
My Wallet: Amex BCP $30k, Chase United Explorer $16k, Amex SPG $13.5k, Barclaycard Ring MC $12.5k, Chase CSP VS $12.2k, Discover it $10.5k, C1 Venture VS $6.5k, Chase Slate $3.5k, Amex Hilton Surpass $2k, Barclaycard Apple V $2k, Chase Freedom V $1100, BoA Cash Rewards V $500, Citi BestBuy $500
My Loans: Prosper $25k/36mo, Prosper $17k/36mo
My Business: Chase Ink VS $5k, Amex BRG NPSL (> 10k),
Valued Contributor

Re: Diners Club???

The last Diners Club card I saw was my bud's corporate issued one. It had a MasterCard logo and was issued by Citi.

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000