Re: Diners and reporting to the Bureaus

@taxi818 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@TatorTodd wrote:

someone on CB has already mentioned it has reported on their report

@FinStar wrote:

That's kind of the same theory that's been floating around in FT and other sites.  Even when speaking with a couple UW managers last time, their thoughts were pretty much the same but felt short of speculation given the new consumer product.  So for now, a theory until the next couple months (minimum) by which then most or the early wave of applicants should be seeing their accounts on CRAs (expectedly).  If it turns out they do not report, then these will likely behave much like JPM Select or Palladium, even BML/PayPayl Credit family.  Good outcome for some folks but I'm sure not for others, depending on which side of the fence you stand.

I guess we'll know soon enough.

If I finally get approved, I hope they report, lol.

Ditto! I would love a new 30k limit on my reports

well i posted that the csr told me that it would report in 60 days . however. if it does not me for 1 would be happy to have hidden TL. think about. can use whatever without worrying about utilization. can hide lots of activities from fico . pay other cards down and max this puppy out. no problem. but i would not really max it. but it would make staying under 9 percent on 1 card a lot easier.

Max out at 13%? Smiley Indifferent

Message 11 of 21
manyquestions
Established Contributor

So it will report after the first statement cuts?  I've only had mine for a couple weeks.  Not sure when the first statement cuts. I guess after 30 days or so.

Message 12 of 21
taxi818
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@taxi818 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@TatorTodd wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

That's kind of the same theory that's been floating around in FT and other sites.  Even when speaking with a couple UW managers last time, their thoughts were pretty much the same but felt short of speculation given the new consumer product.  So for now, a theory until the next couple months (minimum) by which then most or the early wave of applicants should be seeing their accounts on CRAs (expectedly).  If it turns out they do not report, then these will likely behave much like JPM Select or Palladium, even BML/PayPayl Credit family.  Good outcome for some folks but I'm sure not for others, depending on which side of the fence you stand.

well i posted that the csr told me that it would report in 60 days . however. if it does not me for 1 would be happy to have hidden TL. think about. can use whatever without worrying about utilization. can hide lots of activities from fico . pay other cards down and max this puppy out. no problem. but i would not really max it. but it would make staying under 9 percent on 1 card a lot easier.

@Anonymous . maxed @ 9percentSmiley Surprised

Message 13 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@taxi818 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@taxi818 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@TatorTodd wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

You got 9% Interest?!

Message 14 of 21
waiter
Regular Contributor

Any update / report , this card reports to CRA's???

Message 15 of 21
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@waiter wrote:

Any update / report , this card reports to CRA's???

My 1st one hasn't.  It's going to hit the 30-day mark in a couple days and a statement has already generated (0 balance).  If they intend on reporting, I'm thinking in about 60 days at the earliest?  However, only a couple folks have mentioned theirs did on other forums. 

Message 16 of 21
Brax
Frequent Contributor

I don't see how we can definitively know until it's at least 60 days after Diners started taking new apps for the Consumer cards, so that'll be end of November.

Message 17 of 21
manyquestions
Established Contributor

I've only seen one person post that they had it report. It was a couple days ago after their  statement cut. Reportedly showed up on Experian.

Message 18 of 21
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@manyquestions wrote:

I've only seen one person post that they had it report. It was a couple days ago after their  statement cut. Reportedly showed up on Experian.

Heheh. Won't that be something that if when it would report, it added only to one CRA only but not the other 2. I carry installment loans (2), 1 of which reports to EX while the other reports on EQ. They BOTH report on TU. Go figure

Message 19 of 21
NRB525
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@taxi818 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@taxi818 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@TatorTodd wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

You got 9% Interest?!

I'm betting they DO report the TL. It would be kind of dumb for them to hand out all these big personal CL and then not stay tied in with their users credit reports somehow.

For those who want them to NOT report the TL, with no balance transfer feature, in order to run up your big personal CL, you have to generate a lot of swipe fees for BMO Harris Bank, which they will be happy to collect.

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.