Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Diners club and Paypal

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Diners club and Paypal

Me and my friends spend a lot of money together as a group when we go out, sometimes a few thousand at a time (nightclub, restaurant etc). What the guys do is charge everything amongst one of our cards, and we PayPal whoever took the hit on their cars our share for the outing.

Now my question is, who has sent money using PayPal with their Diners Club Card? I'm looking to send over about $5,000 and wanted to utilize the hidden Tradelines (which I love btw)
Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
taxi818
Super Contributor

Re: Diners club and Paypal

I would be careful using Diners. as they have been shutting a few cards down. im not sure if that would be a cash advance either. don't want to scare you just saying the rumors going around about Diners. otherwise i would say you would be fine.i agree its hidden TL for now. but not too convinced it will stay hidden. i hope it does. as i have made a few purchases and want to carry balance. for now.

Message 2 of 22
IWOL
Established Contributor

I think a single transaction for $5k from Paypal using Diners could set off a major fraud alert and may get you shutdown by Diners. They may also code it as a cash advance.

Also doesn't Paypal charge like a 3% fee to send money?

Message 3 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@IWOL wrote:

Also doesn't Paypal charge like a 3% fee to send money?

Yes

Message 4 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Honestly, I don't care if they shut my card down lol, it's only 30k. I went ahead and sent $7,000 to my friend, and also made a target purchase for about $100 afterwards. Card is still working happily. I'm very impressed with diners club card, usually I get a fraud alert on chase or bofa, but with diners (and citi) no such thing with any of my purchases. About 30,000 spent on this card so far as a fyi
Message 5 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

And no it's not a cash advance. Just a 3% fee
Message 6 of 22
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Wouldn't it be easier (and cheaper) to just write him a check? Since we're clearly ballers here with "tons" of cold hard cash. 

Message 7 of 22
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@jsucool76 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Wouldn't it be easier (and cheaper) to just write him a check? Since we're clearly ballers here with "tons" of cold hard cash. 

Very valid quetion

Message 8 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Definitely not. I pay everything with credit, cash is not an option unless I'm going to mehico
Message 9 of 22
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Definitely not. I pay everything with credit, cash is not an option unless I'm going to mehico

Saying "cash is not an option" just makes it sound like you have no money. #Jussayin. 

I'm a fan of credit too, and I rarely use cash, but saying "definitely not" to something which "definitely is" both simpler and cheaper (since you wouldn't have had to write a thread asking if it was okay to do so, since you know writing a check would work just fine without issues) isn't helping out either. 

Plus, why make a thread asking if it was okay if you're then just going to ignore the advice of everyone here? 

Call me an instigator but it kinda just sounds like you were looking for an excuse to tell us all how much money you have. 

"i dont care if the close it, it's only 30k"

Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.