Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Diners club card

tag
drboxing
Established Contributor

Diners club card

Has Diners club began offering their card again?

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Diners club card

No. My brief response was showing my frustration over BMO offering the Diners Club Card and running and hiding when people actually appled. Time for some other lender to take it over ... even put it on a worldwide "Diners Club" Network not the cobbled up mess that exists today!!! Smiley Wink

Message 2 of 12
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Lol, dont hold back DinoSmiley Wink
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not sure there's any point in doing that. Discover is co-branded with Diner's Club (look at the back of the card) so it should be accepted anywhere DC is.

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

It was one of very few chip+pin pin priority cards available to US citizens. The only one that doesn't require a credit union relationship. 

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm not sure there's any point in doing that. Discover is co-branded with Diner's Club (look at the back of the card) so it should be accepted anywhere DC is.

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

It was one of very few chip+pin pin priority cards available to US citizens. The only one that doesn't require a credit union relationship. 

@Anonymous wrote:

Exactly and it is a very good card for earning transferable points at grocery and drug stores.  Not even comparable to a Discover.  Regardless Dino is right and we get the same periodic question.  Applications  have been closed for well over a year and half and it's highly unlikely that the cards will ever come back in its current form.

Message 6 of 12
NRB525
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

.  Applications  have been closed for well over a year and half and it's highly unlikely that the cards will ever come back in its current form.

Um, it's been nearly 3 years since Diners was first offered, 2.5 years since apps ended.  That has allowed a separate sum-meme "Did you get a Diners AF waiver?" to go through two cycles, about to start up a third series... Smiley Happy

But yeah, it's important for someone to pop the topic "is Diners accepting apps again" just to needle those who want one Smiley Wink

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 7 of 12
NRB525
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

That Diners logo on the back of your Discover relates to Diners Club International payment network, which Discover owns. If you want to test that network you have to go overseas, then convince the merchant that you really are trying to pay them, even though they've never seen a Discover card, and could they just please swipe the Discover to see if the Diners network works. Otherwise, used in the US, the Discover card relies on the Discover payment network.

The Diners Club cards issued in the US are MasterCard payment network, so you won't ever ever see a US "Diners Club" card using a Discover payment network or Diners Club International payment network, ever.

While Discover owns the Diners Club brand name and the Diners Club international payment network, the Diners Club brand has been sublicensed in many countries to put it on travel credit and charge cards, but many of those (if not all) cards are MasterCard payment network.

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@NRB525 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

.  Applications  have been closed for well over a year and half and it's highly unlikely that the cards will ever come back in its current form.

Um, it's been nearly 3 years since Diners was first offered, 2.5 years since apps ended.  That has allowed a separate sum-meme "Did you get a Diners AF waiver?" to go through two cycles, about to start up a third series... Smiley Happy

But yeah, it's important for someone to pop the topic "is Diners accepting apps again" just to needle those who want one Smiley Wink

Ok, so my memory is bad Smiley Frustrated

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@NRB525 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Ok, so my memory is bad Smiley Frustrated

Hey Irish80, some days it just doesn't pay to get out of bed Smiley Wink

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.