Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Diners club locked

tag
12njoy
Super Contributor

Diners club locked

I was approved for 2 Diners Club cards @ $15,000 each.  My brother was approved for the Premier @ $15,000 at the same time.  He purchased visa gift cards about 3-4 weeks ago.  He's not sure if he has used the card since purchasing the visa gift cards ($1,500).  He paid the $1,500 off before the statement closed.  Well today he tried to use his card and it was declined. He called Diners and he was told that his account was under review.  I called Diners to check my two cards and they are fine.  Has anyone else experienced this?  My brother said Diners told him he would hear something in 3-4 days.  Hopefully, this is not another OCCU Duck craze after all Smiley Mad

(Formerly known as: Credit is my hobby (1.6M)/TCL objective)
___________ 12Njoy
FICO - EX 810; EQ 797; TU 804 I'm climbing back to 800+
Message 1 of 92
91 REPLIES 91
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Diners club locked

Was he doing MS?  Not sure of reward structure of this card or if that would even apply.  Could of got him flagged

Message 2 of 92
12njoy
Super Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Was he doing MS?  Not sure of reward structure of this card or if that would even apply.  Could of got him flagged

Yes, he was doing MS but not for the reward structure of this card.

___________ 12Njoy
Message 3 of 92
b_diddy
Established Contributor

Uh oh ... sounds like a possible AR for MS.

FICO Scores: EX 733 (1/17/15) EQ 761 (1/17/15) TU 750 (1/17/15)

Message 4 of 92
12njoy
Super Contributor

@b_diddy wrote:

Uh oh ... sounds like a possible AR for MS.

Sounds like it.  I won't touch MS with my two cards

___________ 12Njoy
Message 5 of 92
IWOL
Established Contributor

@12njoy wrote:

@I was approved for 2 Diners Club cards @ $15,000 each.  My brother was approved for the Premier @ $15,000 at the same time.  He purchased visa gift cards about 3-4 weeks ago.  He's not sure if he has used the card since purchasing the visa gift cards ($1,500).  He paid the $1,500 off before the statement closed.  Well today he tried to use his card and it was declined. He called Diners and he was told that his account was under review.  I called Diners to check my two cards and they are fine.  Has anyone else experienced this?  My brother said Diners told him he would hear something in 3-4 days.  Hopefully, this is not another OCCU Duck craze after all Smiley Mad

My card was blocked about 2 and half weeks ago. I also had a few large grocery store purchases as well as many other charges.

Card worked fine for a month, put about 12K on it and then it was suddenly blocked. They told me my account is under review. First time they said I would hear from someone in a few days.

Called back after a week and they told me account still under review, someone would contact me once the review was finished. It has been more than 2 weeks now and no word still.

I saw someone on another forum say that they told him the review can take up to 45 days and you cannot speak with the security department.

It seems quite a few cards have been blocked and there does not yet seem to be an established reason. Many have reported charging alot and having no problems.

Well just have to wait it out and see what happens. I spent 12K in the first montha and it has been paid in full.

I can still log in to my account and I was also able to transfer some points to SPG.

Message 6 of 92
IWOL
Established Contributor

@12njoy wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Did he purchase the Visa gift cards at a grocery store? Was this done in a single purchase?

My guess is that they are flagging accounts that have abnormal ($500+) at grocery and/or drugstore purchases that would earn 3X points.

Large charges at Target also seem to be possibly triggering the blocks.

Message 7 of 92
12njoy
Super Contributor

@IWOL wrote:

@12njoy wrote:

@I was approved for 2 Diners Club cards @ $15,000 each.  My brother was approved for the Premier @ $15,000 at the same time.  He purchased visa gift cards about 3-4 weeks ago.  He's not sure if he has used the card since purchasing the visa gift cards ($1,500).  He paid the $1,500 off before the statement closed.  Well today he tried to use his card and it was declined. He called Diners and he was told that his account was under review.  I called Diners to check my two cards and they are fine.  Has anyone else experienced this?  My brother said Diners told him he would hear something in 3-4 days.  Hopefully, this is not another OCCU Duck craze after all Smiley Mad

My card was blocked about 2 and half weeks ago. I also had a few large grocery store purchases as well as many other charges.

Card worked fine for a month, put about 12K on it and then it was suddenly blocked. They told me my account is under review. First time they said I would hear from someone in a few days.

Called back after a week and they told me account still under review, someone would contact me once the review was finished. It has been more than 2 weeks now and no word still.

I saw someone on another forum say that they told him the review can take up to 45 days and you cannot speak with the security department.

It seems quite a few cards have been blocked and there does not yet seem to be an established reason. Many have reported charging alot and having no problems.

Well just have to wait it out and see what happens. I spent 12K in the first montha and it has been paid in full.

I can still log in to my account and I was also able to transfer some points to SPG.

I hate to hear that this is happening.  I'll thread lightly with my two cards knowing this.

___________ 12Njoy
Message 8 of 92
12njoy
Super Contributor

@IWOL wrote:

@12njoy wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Did he purchase the Visa gift cards at a grocery store? Was this done in a single purchase?

My guess is that they are flagging accounts that have abnormal ($500+) at grocery and/or drugstore purchases that would earn 3X points.

Large charges at Target also seem to be possibly triggering the blocks.

Yes he did 1500 in one purchase at Kroger

___________ 12Njoy
Message 9 of 92
baller4life
Super Contributor

Oh boy....
Message 10 of 92
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.