Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Diners club locked

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Diners club locked

It's absurd if they are punishing people for buying groceries with the card.  Groceries?  Hell they encourage it for the Elite with 3x bonus. What did they expect?

Message 21 of 92
baller4life
Super Contributor

Yeah but $1500 at Krogers??? They know what's going on
Message 22 of 92
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@baller4life wrote:

But this was on the Premier, i.e. a 1point transaction.  Most issuers are fine with that, they make a profit from transaction fees, and these are points rather than 1%, so the profit is presumably more.    I can understand scrutiny on the elite though.

Message 23 of 92
Anonymous
Not applicable

@baller4life wrote:

Well sure.  That's just asking for AA.

Message 24 of 92
waiter
Regular Contributor

Irish80

There ARE some people , for them rewards and miles and things like that are like crack. They open and close accounts JUST for those things, and they keep doing this, over and over... *** i am not saying thats wrong ****and there are some who really really abuse these kind of things.I know citi and chase also closes your accounts if they suspect that.

Message 25 of 92
baller4life
Super Contributor

I have Premier and I'm laying low till dust settles.
Message 26 of 92
Anonymous
Not applicable

@waiter wrote:

Irish80

There ARE some people , for them rewards and miles and things like that are like crack. They open and close accounts JUST for those things, and they keep doing this, over and over... *** i am not saying thats wrong ****and there are some who really really abuse these kind of things.I know citi and chase also closes your accounts if they suspect that.

Yeah, I'm seeing that.  Joined last month and have learned a lot in very short time.  I had no idea about MS and churning, etc

Message 27 of 92
12njoy
Super Contributor

Just for the record, my two cards are open and ready for use.  This was my brother's account which was locked.  I do MS on my Amex and have never had any issues whatsoever.  Now Amex is discontinuing the bonus on the PRG which will result in account closure before my next anniversay in July 2015.  I know based on the responses to this thread not to use my Diners club cards for this type of spending.

(Formerly known as: Credit is my hobby (1.6M)/TCL objective)
___________ 12Njoy
FICO - EX 810; EQ 797; TU 804 I'm climbing back to 800+
Message 28 of 92
baller4life
Super Contributor

And I don't want to know what MS and churning is. My name is Bennett and I ain't in it! Smiley Happy
Message 29 of 92
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@waiter wrote:

Irish80

Yeah, I'm seeing that.  Joined last month and have learned a lot in very short time.  I had no idea about MS and churning, etc

Right, and I am one such person.   But the amounts being talked about (like $1500) are WAY below other issuers thesholds for MS concerns, and the Premier reward structure isn't a risk for the issuer anyway.   So I would suspect at least some of it is that they are unprepared for the sheer volume.   Didn't OCCU also come up with bogus reasons for freezing cards while they got their house in order?

So if I had the card, I would agree with baller4life, minimal to no use till things get clearer.  Hopefully, soon!

Message 30 of 92
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.