Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Diners will now report to CRAs

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Diners will now report to CRAs

Saw this in my latest statement:

We will begin reporting information about your Diners Club account to the US credit reporting agencies in January 2016. Our initial report should include your previous 24 months of payment history. Going forward, we will continue to report monthly. If you believe we've incorrectly reported any information, please contact us at 1-800-234-6377 so we may assist you.

For your reference, we've included the section of your cardmember agreement addressing how we may report information about your account to credit bureaus.

Bye bye hidden TL I guess. Cat Sad

Message 1 of 205
204 REPLIES 204
NRB525
Super Contributor

Re: Diners will now report to CRAs

I KNEW they would report!!!

I was just early in saying so. And frustrated when they didn't Smiley Happy

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 2 of 205
Anonymous
Not applicable

@NRB525 wrote:

I KNEW they would report!!!

I was just early in saying so. And frustrated when they didn't Smiley Happy

I actually wish they didn't; my Premier has the highest CL out of all of my cards and I feel like I'll run into issues if I ever app for anything else in the future. But who knows, maybe I'm worrying for no reason.

Message 3 of 205
ddemari
Super Contributor

I wouldn't worry about having a high CL for future apps. I don't have a card because I missed out on the last round, but if I did I'd like it hidden now that I have lots of cards and the perks of hidden tradeline lol. But if I didn't have a lot of cards and was a normal end user of cards and obtaining them, I'd want it to report.
Message 4 of 205
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ddemari wrote:
I wouldn't worry about having a high CL for future apps. I don't have a card because I missed out on the last round, but if I did I'd like it hidden now that I have lots of cards and the perks of hidden tradeline lol. But if I didn't have a lot of cards and was a normal end user of cards and obtaining them, I'd want it to report.

Yep, I have a fair number of cards already, a few of which have AFs. The AF cards have CLs about 50% or so of Diners Club's (lol). I'm in the middle of joining UNFCU so I can have a chip and PIN Visa to go along with DC as a backup. Also at some point I might return to cash back instead of travel rewards, so Double Cash or Fidelity AmEx would be good for general spend. Those are about the only things I'd app for any time soon.

It'd probably help that I PIF every card I use and don't app too often. Cat Very Happy

Message 5 of 205
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Ugh. I guess it was bound to happen at some point. Nice of them to give a heads up.
Message 6 of 205
Anonymous
Not applicable

I do not like the idea to start reporting...... no ooooo

Message 7 of 205
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well this sucks :-/

Message 8 of 205
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Wow this SUCKS!  Lost all interest in this card application opening up in the future and it will put some people with existing accounts in kinda a crappy situation if they are carrying big balances on the once hidden TL Smiley Sad..  Least you got your AF waived for the year.

Message 9 of 205
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Wow this SUCKS!  Lost all interest in this card application opening up in the future and it will put some people with existing accounts in kinda a crappy situation if they are carrying big balances on the once hidden TL Smiley Sad..  Least you got your AF waived for the year.

I think it's going to bite them in the butt in terms of how much people use the card in the future

Message 10 of 205
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.