Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Diners will now report to CRAs

tag
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Re: Diners will now report to CRAs

@baller4life wrote:
The one good thing is it won't be a new account. It will show original open date. It will just affect my AAOA.

So no new account Ding from it?

Good, at least that's one minor stcking point not to have to deal with.

They should have just left well enough alone but of course Banks never do.

Message 31 of 205
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

I will probably let this one go when the annual fee hits next October.
I only received a 5k CL and that's at the bottom of my limit list.
I was told to kick rocks on a CLI so being a hidden TL was the great bonus feature for this.
I don't carry a balance month to month on it, but it was nice having the option.
I would rather put the spend on the CSP. Better point value for me.
A 15 month TL reporting will help average out all of the new accounts I received the last 6 months though, however imperceptible it may be
NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 32 of 205
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:
It'll bite them in the butt in terms of how much some myfico users use their cards. I doubt those not in the know even noticed whether the account reported or not.

On the other hand, those not in the know might not even know this card exists.

I'd be willing to bet that, unlike other credit cards, these cards have a very high percentage of people who read about the card here or other similar sites.  

Agreed, MF has thousands of guests online reading at a given point in time, I have seen over 10K being reported online as guests a few times. As far as the general public though if they have the card doubt they would know about it reporting or not as JSU has said. 

I was going to app for this card once it re-opened for the unreported TL but its just been scratched off my list.

Message 33 of 205
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

The HTL was IMO another benefit worthy of the AF for Elite but with this new revelation surfacing and if indeed true then i for one will be dismissing the higher AF card and hold just the $95 AF Premier. Since it sees mediocre useage at best anyway it's a no brainer decision on this end.

Message 34 of 205
thom02099
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Saw this in my latest statement:

We will begin reporting information about your Diners Club account to the US credit reporting agencies in January 2016. Our initial report should include your previous 24 months of payment history. Going forward, we will continue to report monthly. If you believe we've incorrectly reported any information, please contact us at 1-800-234-6377 so we may assist you.

For your reference, we've included the section of your cardmember agreement addressing how we may report information about your account to credit bureaus.

Bye bye hidden TL I guess. Cat Sad

The same statement has also been noted over at Flyer Talk.  Haven't seen it at other sites yet. Not appearing on my statement yet, next one due in January 2016

Message 35 of 205
Anonymous
Not applicable

@thom02099 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Saw this in my latest statement:

We will begin reporting information about your Diners Club account to the US credit reporting agencies in January 2016. Our initial report should include your previous 24 months of payment history. Going forward, we will continue to report monthly. If you believe we've incorrectly reported any information, please contact us at 1-800-234-6377 so we may assist you.

For your reference, we've included the section of your cardmember agreement addressing how we may report information about your account to credit bureaus.

Bye bye hidden TL I guess. Cat Sad

The same statement has also been noted over at Flyer Talk.  Haven't seen it at other sites yet. Not appearing on my statement yet, next one due in January 2016

Yep, that's how I found out about it initially. (I don't normally look at the PDF statements unless there's a problem.) I think your next statement will most likely have that wording.

Message 36 of 205
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

The HTL was IMO another benefit worthy of the AF for Elite but with this new revelation surfacing and if indeed true then i for one will be dismissing the higher AF card and hold just the $95 AF Premier. Since it sees mediocre useage at best anyway it's a no brainer decision on this end.

I am wondering if we can transfer the CL from one card to another Smiley Wink

Message 37 of 205
NRB525
Super Contributor

I think this is just one more step along the tortured pathway to having them open applications again, to have an available Consumer Diners Club Card in the USA.

Fix the monthly billing / customer payment methods? Long ago check.

Add Diners Club to the Apple Pay app, and then make the activation more automated? Check.

Put some sanity into the Cash Advance limit? Check.

Report the account to the CRA like other banks? Check. (they inherited this hidden tendency from the earlier Diners iterations is my understanding)

Provide AF waives to keep interest in the card, while they work on any competitive offerings.

This in no way impllies apps will open any time soon, but given the hairball they started with, it's progress in that direction.

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 38 of 205
Anonymous
Not applicable

I thought the AF waiver was an accident?
Message 39 of 205
NRB525
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I thought the AF waiver was an accident?

Depends on how you define "accident".

Somewhere in the Diners software, some set of customers got AF waivers. It may have started with some few, may have been intended for a "if they call" situation, may have been extended to more than they intended, but it's an indication of actions being taken to keep customers.

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 40 of 205
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.