Re: Dinners club and Big Purchases!!!!

Dinners Club? Hehehe

Message 11 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@thelethargicage wrote:

Dinners Club? Hehehe

It's strange.  I've seen a couple people call it that lately.

Message 12 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@thelethargicage wrote:

Dinners Club? Hehehe

It's strange.  I've seen a couple people call it that lately.

Dinner's Club. In case you missed the app train for Diner's Club.

Coming to a wallet near you.

Message 13 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

You won't have any problems. I have put quite a lot of money on mine over the past month then paid it off and kept on going. The largest so far was a 1 year old MINI Countryman while I was back in Michigan for Thanksgiving. My Mom wanted it and was going to pay for it anyway so I figured I would take the points (she went to her bank and sent me the money after we left the dealership), we paid full asking price and she buys all her cars at this dealership so they didn't care about the merchant transaction fee. It was on a Premier card with a 40K limit. Paid it off today when I got back to my bank in Florida. Payment hasn't posted, but I bought something online with the card tonight and purchase went through. I've now put over 60K through in a month and a half. No issues to date but my curiousity of whether or not I will get a CLI with high spending still hasn't paid off. Hopefully I'll get one soon.

Message 14 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

You won't have any problems. I have put quite a lot of money on mine over the past month then paid it off and kept on going. The largest so far was a 1 year old MINI Countryman while I was back in Michigan for Thanksgiving. My Mom wanted it and was going to pay for it anyway so I figured I would take the points (she went to her bank and sent me the money after we left the dealership), we paid full asking price and she buys all her cars at this dealership so they didn't care about the merchant transaction fee. It was on a Premier card with a 40K limit. Paid it off today when I got back to my bank in Florida. Payment hasn't posted, but I bought something online with the card tonight and purchase went through. I've now put over 60K through in a month and a half. No issues to date but my curiousity of whether or not I will get a CLI with high spending still hasn't paid off. Hopefully I'll get one soon.

I could never do this, personally. Lol.

Message 15 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Agreed Nixon. NEVER . I like the bargain within the bargain lol.. Smiley Happy

Message 16 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm right there with you, but I would never tell my Mom how to spend her money. She did VERY well as a CEO for over 20 years, so I think she believe quabbling over a few thousand is a waste. The fact she was frugal enough to get a used one made me happy enough. It's a different world to people who make the big bucks I guess. I'm not there yet, so I don't know.

Message 17 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm right there with you, but I would never tell my Mom how to spend her money. She did VERY well as a CEO for over 20 years, so I think she believe quabbling over a few thousand is a waste. The fact she was frugal enough to get a used one made me happy enough. It's a different world to people who make the big bucks I guess. I'm not there yet, so I don't know.

I guess you've got a point. It helps when you have a nice nest of eggs to fall back on though. Smiley Happy

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.