Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disappointed in Barclay...

tag
PlasticOrPlastic
Established Contributor

Disappointed in Barclay...

About a year ago I opened my Barclay Rewards MasterCard.  I started with a $1300 limit, a few weeks later I also opened a Barclay Apple Visa.  This card started with a $700 dollar limit.  6 months of having the MasterCard Barclay bumped me up another $1300.  I called them to ask for a CLI on my Visa because I wanted to purchase an iMac and take advantage of the 0%.  The CSR told me I wasn't eligible because the card hadn't been open 6 months, but she could take some of my available credit from my MC and put it on the Visa.  She said this could be undone as soon as I had the card paid off, so I agreed, and made the CL on the Visa $2,200 and down to $1,100 on the MC. 

Here we are about 7 months later and I paid off the Visa (almost $2100) in an effort to lower my UTIL.  I called Barclay and asked to have my CL reverted to there original state, because I'll use the rewards MC much more than the Visa.  I was then informed this wasn't possible with out a HP.  I told her I was promised by the CSR that it could be changed back no problem.  She repeated that I could take a HP and try to increase my MC limit.  I declined and hung up the phone. 

I must say I'm very disappointed in them for this.  I was looking forward to using my MC for the rewards and leaving the Visa for an iPad purchase down the road, now I think I may SD both and use Discover exclusively.  Ugh its frustrating!

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
newmomnewme
Valued Contributor

Re: Disappointed in Barclay...

Sorry to hear this...you might want to try at least one more time, get a different rep and maybe a different answer?  Also, I thought Barclays usually does an auto CLI around month 6 or so?!?

012019 Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Current Fico9/Fico8/Mortgage Score:
MyGoal Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 2 of 10
emptypockets
Valued Contributor

With Barclay I have re-allocated a credit line (moved line from one card to another) but usually I was closing the other card when I did so. What number did you call? Try calling a credit analyst at 866-408-4064.

CC's: AMEX (4), Alliant Visa, PenFed AMEX, Pen Fed Promise, Citi (3), Chase (5), US Bank Cash+, Huntington Voice, Nasa Plat Cash Visa, Barclay's Visa, Discover IT, Cap One QS, BOA (2), BMW Visa, 5/3 Real Life Rewards MC; FNBO Amex; Comenity Visa/MC (3), Ebates Visa Siggy, Nordstrom Visa, Walmart MC, Sam's Club MC; A few assorted store cards.

Current Scores (09/2017): EQ My Fico: 786; TU MyFico: 799; EX (My Fico): 797
Message 3 of 10
PlasticOrPlastic
Established Contributor

Thank you both for the replies, I just tried the regular number emptypockets so I will try your number today!  Thanks again.

That worked perfectly!  Thanks a lot emptypockets, he was able to switch it back in just a few minutes.  I'm glad because Barclay has been great so far, and I didn't want to have to SD them.  Appreciate the replies thanks again.

Message 4 of 10
newmomnewme
Valued Contributor

Congrats @Endless!!! I can't say it enough...I learn so much from the members of this forum!

012019 Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Current Fico9/Fico8/Mortgage Score:
MyGoal Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 5 of 10
emptypockets
Valued Contributor

Great! Just trying to help out and pay back since I have learned so much fromthe forums myself!

CC's: AMEX (4), Alliant Visa, PenFed AMEX, Pen Fed Promise, Citi (3), Chase (5), US Bank Cash+, Huntington Voice, Nasa Plat Cash Visa, Barclay's Visa, Discover IT, Cap One QS, BOA (2), BMW Visa, 5/3 Real Life Rewards MC; FNBO Amex; Comenity Visa/MC (3), Ebates Visa Siggy, Nordstrom Visa, Walmart MC, Sam's Club MC; A few assorted store cards.

Current Scores (09/2017): EQ My Fico: 786; TU MyFico: 799; EX (My Fico): 797
Message 6 of 10
clocktick
Valued Contributor

Great, I'm glad you got it taken care of!  Sometimes the people here know more than the CSRs and you have to try, try again (especially when it comes to credit reports/reporting).

11/30/08 TU 648 EX 672 EQ 656 SEPT 2014 TU 787 EX 789 EQ ???
Amex BCP $24.1K/Clear $8.5- Sallie Mae $27.5 -Cap One QS $7.5 - Chase Freedom $7.5/United $5k/CSP $20k/Ink- Citi DP $9.5/Dividend $13k/HHHx2 $15k/16.4/Reserve $4.5k Best Buy $1940 HD $1701- Discover IT $15k - Elan $8k GEMB Lowes $20k - Macy's $2k - Kohl's $800

Starting Score: 648
Current Score: 736
Goal Score: 765

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 7 of 10
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

@EndlessRoad wrote:

Thank you both for the replies, I just tried the regular number emptypockets so I will try your number today!  Thanks again.

That worked perfectly!  Thanks a lot emptypockets, he was able to switch it back in just a few minutes.  I'm glad because Barclay has been great so far, and I didn't want to have to SD them.  Appreciate the replies thanks again.

WTG, OP!  Glad it worked out for ya, the members here are the best Smiley Wink

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 1/20/16*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 8 of 10
PlasticOrPlastic
Established Contributor

I couldn't agree more!  Everybody here has been great so far, glad I found these forums.  The road to recovering credit has been long but its also kinda fun (never thought Id say that)  these forums and its members have made that possible! 

Thanks to everybody at myFico Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 10
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats on getting it done, enjoy Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.