Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disappointed in Myfico Credit Card Forum

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Disappointed in Myfico Credit Card Forum

This is my first and only post.

I just wanted to say that this forum has been of tremendous help to me in the past on rebuilding and picking the right credit cards. However, it's my belief that the quality of information has declined as of late and I can no longer trust the information being provided at this forum.

I've seen several post by individuals that claim they are in rebuilding mode, yet they consistantly post on this forum that they are applying for prime credit cards, requesting CLI's, etc. These individuals get upset and/or disappointed when the request is denied. And other forum members chime in with their condolences. Instead, of point them to the hard fact that maybe they shouldn't have apped in the first place. Maybe they should garden for the next year or two and focus on removing their baddies off their credit report or whatever else needs to be improved.

This forum use to talk about only applying for credit when needed and being conservative with your credit habits!

The interesting thing is that these supposed "rebuilders" are also giving advise about prime cards and rebuilding to others! Can you reallly trust the advise of someone that seems to have bad credit habits? And why do these individuals seem to get a pass when it comes to bad credit habits?

Just wondering?

Someone had to say it!

Message 1 of 53
52 REPLIES 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Disappointed in Myfico Credit Card Forum

This thread should create some momentum in this forum real quick. 

Message 2 of 53
scientifics
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I just wanted to say that this forum has been of tremendous help to me in the past on rebuilding and picking the right credit cards. However, it's my belief that the quality of information has declined as of late and I can no longer trust the information being provided at this forum.

I've seen several post by individuals that claim they are in rebuilding mode, yet they consistantly post on this forum that they are applying for prime credit cards, requesting CLI's, etc. These individuals get upset and/or disappointed when the request is denied. And other forum members chime in with their condolences. Instead, of point them to the hard fact that maybe they shouldn't have apped in the first place. Maybe they should garden for the next year or two and focus on removing their baddies off their credit report or whatever else needs to be improved.

This forum use to talk about only applying for credit when needed and being conservative with your credit habits!

The interesting thing is that these supposed "rebuilders" are also giving advise about prime cards and rebuilding to others! Can you reallly trust the advise of someone that seems to have bad credit habits? And why do these individuals seem to get a pass when it comes to bad credit habits?

Just wondering?

Someone had to say it!

I feel like the key is in your last sentence...it's up to the reader to decide whether the person giving advice is qualified.

Message 3 of 53
Chrisla2077
Established Contributor

Some people with poor credit now (which is most often due to some extreme life circumstance), does not mean that they never had any experience with prime cards or applications. I don't think anyone's, who has had experience with these products, advice should be discounted. It's simply up to the reader to take it. Just because a person has bad credit, does not mean they've had bad habits. This is certainly not 100% of the case.

Message 4 of 53
boomhower
Valued Contributor

It's up the reader to decide if the suggestions are sound or not.  We are all adults and can see patterns and post histories.  You have made some observations, someone asking a question has a duty to themselves to find out if the answers they get are sound or not.  If someone goes to an online forum and blindly takes advice given that's on them.  There are a lot of good people who give good advice.  The forum is full of great information, just like everything else in life each person needs to make a decision for themselves whether to take it or not.

Message 5 of 53
sweetschuni
New Contributor

+1

Licensed REALTOR in the state of Georgia - "Far and away the best prize that life has to offer is the chance to work hard at work worth doing" Theodore Roosevelt

Message 6 of 53
CS800
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Just wondering?

Someone had to say it!

While we all have different take in life. It is up to you to decide your course of action. This forum has a wealth of information and I owe a lot to these folks on here. It is true that sometimes some threads divert from the original topic or that some go all over the place. But I'm sure that if you ask a question you will get an answer; doesnt mean you will agree with it. But you will also see a lot of opinions; that's the beauty of the forum.

However I'm a firm beleiver that as adults we have to take responsibility for our own actions. If we decide to do something, it is at our own risk. Notice that we do not blame each other for things that we do ourselves. Whether we pull the trigger on an app or not is our own free will. But as you can see we do support each other well.

I suggest that you take the advice and decide how you want (if you want to) to act on it. We can suggest something to someone but we hope that as adults we wont point fingers if an outcome is negative.

I sincerely hope that you benefit from this forum. Take the information and you decide how (and if) it will fit in your desired outcome.

Message 7 of 53
namvet
Established Contributor

@boomhower wrote:

It's up the reader to decide if the suggestions are sound or not.  We are all adults and can see patterns and post histories.  You have made some observations, someone asking a question has a duty to themselves to find out if the answers they get are sound or not.  If someone goes to an online forum and blindly takes advice given that's on them.  There are a lot of good people who give good advice.  The forum is full of great information, just like everything else in life each person needs to make a decision for themselves whether to take it or not.

+1  

Message 8 of 53
Datx
Valued Contributor

Some folks may find a forum helpful than it is to others. Sorry to see you go, BOL.

Message 9 of 53
visorboy1974
Valued Contributor

While I agree with what the OP is saying, experience on this forum tells me the posts to take as truth and the posts to ignore.  After a while it becomes very easy to distinguish.  

FICO Scores Updated 07/15 EQ08 748 EX08 748 TU08 818
Message 10 of 53
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.