Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disappointed no Barclay Aviator 6 month CLI

tag
CreditJim
Established Contributor

Disappointed no Barclay Aviator 6 month CLI

I just hit the 6 month mark with my US Air / Red Aviator account, the statement posted online today and no auto CLI.

Had to move $5k from my Arrival + to get it opened in the first place, but my Barclays history is excellent. I spent just under a year paying down an $8k balance that was at 0% on the Arrival, credit score per their TU is 793, income over $100k and I've been putting about $3.5k a month through the Aviator for the past few months and paying in full so I was expecting a little bump to be honest.

Think I will close my Arrival before the fee hits at the end of the month and move all the CL over to the Aviator. Not sure if I can justify keeping the Arrival with the no-AF Discover now netting at least 2%. Would probably rather use that AF on upgrading the Red to Silver Aviator as I book a lot of AA flights so would be good for the 3x, which currently goes to the PRG.

Only thing holding me back is my Arrival was really useful in Europe, and with true chip & pin it was accepted at a lot of places that my other EMV cards weren't, even the Aviator.

Quicksilver 51k | Discover It $45k | Bonvoy Business $38k | Lowe's $35k | Costco $33.5k | SWACU $30k | Ink Preferred $28k | USAA Rewards $25k | Ink Cash $22.5k | Ink Preferred $22k | Amex Blue Business Plus $17k | Freedom Flex $16k | Freedom $14k | CSR $10k | Amazon Store $10k | Amazon Business $3k | REI $3k
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
dwz55
Regular Contributor

Re: Disappointed no Barclay Aviator 6 month CLI

Were you letting the balance report and then PIF or PIF before the statement cut? I did the former and went from 5k to 10K on the 6th statement then 10 to 14 on the 12th statement. Income and scores are both just slightly lower.

TU 780 April 2014
EQ 797 May 2014
EX 786 May 2014
Message 2 of 3
CreditJim
Established Contributor

Re: Disappointed no Barclay Aviator 6 month CLI

For the past couple of months I've been PIF before the statement cuts (in the middle of a mortgage application, so can't have balances reporting). Think I will combine my accounts and just give the Aviator a load of use over the next 6 months and hopefully get a little bump then.

Quicksilver 51k | Discover It $45k | Bonvoy Business $38k | Lowe's $35k | Costco $33.5k | SWACU $30k | Ink Preferred $28k | USAA Rewards $25k | Ink Cash $22.5k | Ink Preferred $22k | Amex Blue Business Plus $17k | Freedom Flex $16k | Freedom $14k | CSR $10k | Amazon Store $10k | Amazon Business $3k | REI $3k
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.