Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disappointed with Cap 1 EO Phone Call

tag
chrisw1968uk
Frequent Contributor

Disappointed with Cap 1 EO Phone Call

So i finally ended the phone tag with them, he noted that i accepted a $500 cli via the website last week, he offered a manual review - but felt that me accepting the small cli would jeopardize and outcome. - I was advised to try again in 6 months

All of this was to get my cl raised from just $1250, I had the account 19 months, perfect payment record - multiple payments etc etc

All i actually got offered was upg to quick silver with no AF, I told him that last week, i was approived for 4 new accounts - with the smallest line being $4000 (Amex) I also got Citi Simplicity ($4500) and chase freedom ($4500) plus US Bank ($5000) - his reaction was "Capital one is a conservative lender" lol

I will keep the account because of the no AF - but don't plan on using it much now - especially when I now have a whole bunch of new 0% cards to play with.

My acceptance from Citi quoted my Experian Fico as 743

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
wHiTeSoL
Valued Contributor

Re: Disappointed with Cap 1 EO Phone Call

@chrisw1968uk wrote:

So i finally ended the phone tag with them, he noted that i accepted a $500 cli via the website last week, he offered a manual review - but felt that me accepting the small cli would jeopardize and outcome. - I was advised to try again in 6 months

All of this was to get my cl raised from just $1250, I had the account 19 months, perfect payment record - multiple payments etc etc

All i actually got offered was upg to quick silver with no AF, I told him that last week, i was approived for 4 new accounts - with the smallest line being $4000 (Amex) I also got Citi Simplicity ($4500) and chase freedom ($4500) plus US Bank ($5000) - his reaction was "Capital one is a conservative lender" lol

I will keep the account because of the no AF - but don't plan on using it much now - especially when I now have a whole bunch of new 0% cards to play with.

My acceptance from Citi quoted my Experian Fico as 743

I got CLIs on all 3 of my cards below in July and again in August (both through EO), so I dont think the whole 6 month thing holds true, 500>1000>1200, 500>1000>1500, 300>1000>1200.

I would still try, it's a SP so it wont hurt, otherwise SD that thing!

Message 2 of 10
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

yeah I would go ahead and call back and tell him you want a manual review done and you expect at least $4k!

Capital One is only a conservitive lender when someone comes out and says they have higher! otherwise I don't call issueing cards to sub 500 credit scores conservative!

Message 3 of 10
p-
Valued Contributor

chrisw1968uk wrote:  I was advised to try again in 6 months...  i was approived for 4 new accounts - with the smallest line being $4000...

Having a lot of new credit on your report makes you more of a risk, I wouldn't have mentioned it.  With all of that new credit it's time for you to garden, six mo. to a year at least.

Capital One E.O. How-to Guide

Message 4 of 10
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@p- wrote:

chrisw1968uk wrote:  I was advised to try again in 6 months...  i was approived for 4 new accounts - with the smallest line being $4000...

Having a lot of new credit on your report makes you more of a risk, I wouldn't have mentioned it.  With all of that new credit it's time for you to garden, six mo. to a year at least.

Capital One E.O. How-to Guide

Garden right after you tell Capital One to match your lowest limit of $4k!!!

Message 5 of 10
Crashem
Valued Contributor

Did you wait till all the new credit lines showed up on credit report and give cap one time to soft pull the new credit lines? If you didn't, that was the mistake.
               LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 6 of 10
mikey78
Frequent Contributor

Have you tried the "I'm planning on making some big purchases to redo my home so i need MORE LINE OF CREDIT" gimmick?
it failed for me but I went into it thinking it's Capital One and they are the modern Scrooge

Current score TU 708, EX 686 EQ 715
Status I.T.Garden Till 08/2014
Message 7 of 10
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Crashem wrote:
Did you wait till all the new credit lines showed up on credit report and give cap one time to soft pull the new credit lines? If you didn't, that was the mistake.

I read this like the EO guy said OP just got small cli and it would probably mean no additional cli so nothing was done vs. pushing to have the manual review asked for and the cli asked for.

so...

1. push to have it done anyway or

2. have it done again now that the new credit is showing... or wait till it is to have it done.

Message 8 of 10
Crashem
Valued Contributor

Op's higher limits are all in his new accounts. If he didn't, he should have waited till they popped up on his credit report and given cap me time to soft it. Otherwise the 1250 cl makes sense as it is in line with his other cls.
               LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 9 of 10
chrisw1968uk
Frequent Contributor

I applied for the new accounts after cap 1 only gave me a small cli via their website. I did not request a further consideration from them during my phone call. I will probably wait for at least 6 months before i contact them again - but as the card will be in my sock drawer, I may not even bother Smiley Wink Thanks All

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.