Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disappointed with Cap One Reply

tag
chrisw1968uk
Frequent Contributor

Disappointed with Cap One Reply

Hi All

I just spoke with an online rep of Cap 1, asking how often accounts are reviewed for a CLI - I have had my account for 18 months and in the last 12 months alone, I have made 40 payments to the account (avg over 3 a month) I ensure that my balances are cleared every month

My Fico score is 724, since opening the Cap1 i have also got a WF Visa card and a Discover card, Discover gave me an un-asked for CLI after about 4 months - both of these have a higher limit than my Cap1 - which is sitting at a measly $750 lol.

I checked on credit karma score simulator what would happen if i closed my oldest account - it came back as just a 1 point drop - it must be this low i guess because all accounts are under 18 months old.

I make multiple monthly payments to all my accounts and have never missed a payment or had anything else bad.

Should i ditch the CrAP1 card and swap it for something better? The rep just told me that accounts are regularly reviewed blah blah and credit limits are extended when appropriate - I have no mortgage / rent etc and easily make enough to sustain a higher CL - I don't "need" credit to buy anything inparticular, but it would be nice to get say $4k on one - which would then be my "main" card

I appreciate the advice Smiley Wink

Chris 

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Disappointed with Cap One Reply

@chrisw1968uk wrote:

Hi All

I just spoke with an online rep of Cap 1, asking how often accounts are reviewed for a CLI - I have had my account for 18 months and in the last 12 months alone, I have made 40 payments to the account (avg over 3 a month) I ensure that my balances are cleared every month

My Fico score is 724, since opening the Cap1 i have also got a WF Visa card and a Discover card, Discover gave me an un-asked for CLI after about 4 months - both of these have a higher limit than my Cap1 - which is sitting at a measly $750 lol.

I checked on credit karma score simulator what would happen if i closed my oldest account - it came back as just a 1 point drop - it must be this low i guess because all accounts are under 18 months old.

I make multiple monthly payments to all my accounts and have never missed a payment or had anything else bad.

Should i ditch the CrAP1 card and swap it for something better? The rep just told me that accounts are regularly reviewed blah blah and credit limits are extended when appropriate - I have no mortgage / rent etc and easily make enough to sustain a higher CL - I don't "need" credit to buy anything inparticular, but it would be nice to get say $4k on one - which would then be my "main" card

I appreciate the advice Smiley Wink

Chris 

Welcome to the forum

EO for better results 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 18
chrisw1968uk
Frequent Contributor

Thanks, I am new to this forum - what is EO? lol

Message 3 of 18
zerobacan
Established Contributor

EO = Capital One Executive office

you can google the email, send them an email explaining your situation and they will call you to work a solution for you... regular csr's are useless

Amex PRG NPSL, Amex Delta 2k (AU) Discover iT 5k, BOFA Siggy $5k, BOFA AlaskaAir Siggy 5k, BBVA Compass $5k! Macy's $4.5k, C1 $2.5, SFCU $2.5k, SFCU LOC $2k, Paypal SmartC $4k, Sam's 5.5k Victoria Secret $2k, Kay's $1.7k.,76/Citi $1.5k Amazon $5k, Walmart Disco $3k JC Penny $4k, C1 $2.5, BBRZ 700.
Starting:TU:536 EXP:561 : EQ:552 Current:TU:680 Walmart (2-15-14)EXP:712 FICO!! (12-4-13):EQ:622 (FICO 2-6-14) Uti 27% Goal: 720 By 12-13.
Message 4 of 18
NewtoCredit80
Frequent Contributor

You need to contact CapOne EO for a cli. Google the CEO email address and send a polite email about how good customer you had been and why you need cli. EO team will call you to get account details and ask about how credit limit you want. Give a high number. I personally had success in getting cli through EO route. Best of luck and keep us informed. Also never close a no AF card just sd it and let the issuer close it later due to inactivity.

PNC Secured 2000 (Dec12), Chase Amazon 2000 (Apr13), CapOne Newcomer 2500 (May13), Citi dividend 3000 (May13), Discover IT 1000 (Jul13), Amex BCP 6000 (Jul13), Chase Southwest 10000 (Jul13), Chase Marriott 12000 (Oct 13), BofA Travel Rewards 5000 (Dec13)

- In garden till Dec 2014
Message 5 of 18
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Welcome to the forum! Definitely try the EO. As far as CK, disregard that information entirely. Your score will drop when that account falls off your cr and that can be up to 10 years. Your util will and may cause your score to drop if you carry a balance.
Message 6 of 18
myjourney
Super Contributor

@chrisw1968uk wrote:

Thanks, I am new to this forum - what is EO? lol

Check the yellow envelope top right hand corner 

Good luck 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 7 of 18
chrisw1968uk
Frequent Contributor

Thanks! - I appreciate the advice and "translation" lol

Message 8 of 18
mikey78
Frequent Contributor

YOu can facebook message capital one and your dispute will be forwarded to EO

Current score TU 708, EX 686 EQ 715
Status I.T.Garden Till 08/2014
Message 9 of 18
djc1puno
Valued Contributor

Gl! Smiley Wink

GARDEN GOAL: MARCH 2014
LAST APP: 08/20/2013
---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.