Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disc and BoA, from AU to new account Q's

tag
jonmyers
New Contributor

Disc and BoA, from AU to new account Q's

Time and management have brought my credit score from 666 (yep... that's what it was in Sept. 09' when I bought the house) to over 800 if I play the utilization game.  Now we are working on the wifes.

She's gone from 576 to 640.  While we've made some headway on getting rid of the bad, she doesn't have any new positive accounts showing.  She's been an authorized user on my Disc an BoA accounts for over two years now.  According to Karma, Discover likes to see 680 scores.  I have been unable to find what BoA likes to see, but according to the Karma reviews there is a percentage of people with scores like here who have the card.  Does anybody know if her past AU activity will help her get into either company with a 640 score?  Should we do a joint thing first?

Any advice is appreciated, thanks in advance!

Jon

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
missjae
Established Contributor

Re: Disc and BoA, from AU to new account Q's

@jonmyers wrote:

Time and management have brought my credit score from 666 (yep... that's what it was in Sept. 09' when I bought the house) to over 800 if I play the utilization game.  Now we are working on the wifes.

She's gone from 576 to 640.  While we've made some headway on getting rid of the bad, she doesn't have any new positive accounts showing.  She's been an authorized user on my Disc an BoA accounts for over two years now.  According to Karma, Discover likes to see 680 scores.  I have been unable to find what BoA likes to see, but according to the Karma reviews there is a percentage of people with scores like here who have the card.  Does anybody know if her past AU activity will help her get into either company with a 640 score?  Should we do a joint thing first?

Any advice is appreciated, thanks in advance!

Jon

Not sure if the AU will help, but I have scores in her area, with 1 or 2 unpaid 2009 collections (depending upon report) and was just approved for a B of A card for $2,500.  I did have to talk with someone though.  Good luck.

Message 2 of 3
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Disc and BoA, from AU to new account Q's

You could do joint but if her baddies are still prominent that might hurt the overall app ie terms. She could add a store card, maybe using the shopping cart trick. Being an AU will help her but she will need a positive TL for higher chances of approval.

I wouldn't put to much weight on CK. Discover, assuming her baddies are 2-3 years old and the util is low should be ok. If you decide to app don't forget to send her the referral link so you both get the $50 bonus.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.